Hi everyone

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
ScotVend
Referred by?: Google search

Hi everyone

Post by ScotVend »

Hi just wanted to say hello, I've been reading the forum for a while as been thinking about getting into vending for some time then covid happened. I was going to put it off until the economy opened up last year then the whole tier thing and second lockdown put it on hold again, I then got offered a load of second hand machines for what seemed like a good price so i thought what the hell and took the plunge. Managed to site a few myself before the 3rd lockdown and going to get back out there when things open again in May. Thanks for all the useful info here to help me get started.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Snackmore »

Welcome mate, where in the Country are you? Well done for self siting, what sort of locations did you get into?
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

What machines are you using? Also Im sure you realise but forum has got a lot quieter since we had a major crash few months ago.

Anyway me and steve are here lol
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
ScotVend

Post by ScotVend »

Hi guys good to hear from someone! yeh noticed the forum seemed a bit quiet the last few months probs pick up again when things open up and people working more. I'm in Dumfries and Galloway with a few in Cumbria too, most machines are towers but bought a right hotch potch of machines off this guy and theres all sorts in the package, those 20p sweet ones, old toy machines and even a couple of ancient one arm bandits lol. Some of them need a right good clean up. Got into a few hotels, pubs and a couple of manufacturing plants so far.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Welcome ScotVend

Welcome to the forum and well done on getting some of your machines sited before lockdown. You have entered the business at one of the most 'unusual' times in vending history. As lockdown eases, businesses will be getting back to normal and machines performance will improve. I'm re-opening my siting services on Monday so if you need any help with siting, give me a shout.

Kind regards,

Barbara
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

What one arm bandits ???
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
ScotVend

Post by ScotVend »

Thanks Barbara still trying to get the hang of site finding myself, did most of mine cold calling places as when I tried by phone I didn't really get anywhere. Had to cold call a lot of places as so many refusals so if anyone has any tips that would be great.

Hi Matt one bandit says jennings on the top the other one aristocrat, one doesn't work as the wheels don't spin when you pull the arm and the other one has a pretty bad crack on the base. Might try and get them looked at when things open up to see if it's worth getting them fixed.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Hi ScotVend

By the sounds of things you are getting on pretty well, all I will say is keep at it and the more 'no's' you get, guess what, the more 'yess's' you get.

Kind regards,

Barbara
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

Would be interested in buying if you ever thinking of selling the bandits? Also be careful where you put them out as you need an operators licence !!
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

Hi ScotVend welcome to the forum and well done for getting a vending business started during lockdown, has to be the most difficult time in any operators career so things can only get better from here :thumbup:

In terms of the site finding, if you haven't already, write yourself a script and memorise it before you go in. Try and think of all the plus points for having the machine in (commission etc) but more importantly try and think of all the possible things they're going to say to knock you back and how you're going to respond to them. I always think there's not a lot of genuine reasons to not have one in as they are so little hassle and take up a tiny amount of floor space, don't need power etc but some people just don't like the look of them or the place is too upmarket. It's important to recognise when you've reached the limits of your persuasion and you're just flogging a dead horse, better to just be polite, say thanks for your time and walk away than get into a bit of an argument or them get irritated because your giving it the hard sell. Just take it on the chin: you'll feel better, they'll feel better and you can always call back in a few months later and try again.

Good luck with it