HEY YOU GUYS!

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Re: HEY YOU GUYS!

Post by Siting Services »

Vendition Ltd wrote: .... But does depend how saturated your area is!
Spot on regarding saturation in some areas. Having worked with 100's of operators over the years, some areas are so saturated that I have had to close the area down due to no sites available that are worthwhile. It is very frustrating for both sides. Getting good sites in today's market is very time consuming and a lot more skill required, also due to many large chains closing the door there is even less to go at. Gone are the days when success rates were 90% .....

Kind regards

Barbara
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

I think the golden era for this business was around the late noughties and for a few years after, people who started back then had loads of potential to expand quickly because the machines were still relatively new. I started in 2011 and still found it relatively easy to find new sites but even then the big family pubs/soft play areas and other high performing sites were mostly already taken around my area. In my experience it is now very difficult to find really good sites which means you have to have a LOT of ok/low performing sites to even make minimum wage type earnings in this business if you actually cost your time.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Quinch wrote:I think the golden era for this business was around the late noughties and for a few years after, people who started back then had loads of potential to expand quickly because the machines were still relatively new. I started in 2011 and still found it relatively easy to find new sites but even then the big family pubs/soft play areas and other high performing sites were mostly already taken around my area. In my experience it is now very difficult to find really good sites which means you have to have a LOT of ok/low performing sites to even make minimum wage type earnings in this business if you actually cost your time.

Disagree with that Quinch. There may not be the good sites around but if you are only getting minimum wage for your time you are visiting your machines far too often.
Ive got my sites I visit weekly, I have some I visit monthly, some bi monthly etc. My worst ones I visit every 5/6 months but I generally around £35/40 even from the really poor ones and these tend to be charity sites so only 10% commission. Way more than minimum wage. You just need a hell of a lot of sites if they are poor.

My problem is I get about 70% of my money from 20% of my sites.
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

What I mean is it's hard to find new good sites now and hypothetically if you're starting in vending now and end up with a lot of low performing sites then even making minimum wage (£320 a week approximately) is potentially going to be difficult. I have a mix of good, ok and low performing sites as I imagine most people have who have been in this business for several years but I think it's harder to achieve that mix nowadays
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Probably right mate. I worked out yesterday that I get over 70% of my income from my top 20 sites. I get 40% of my income from my top 4 sites. All play barns.

Ive got 180 sites. Only 36 averaged £50 per month or more last year.
Bert
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: search

Post by Bert »

Thanks for all the reply's, I appreciate all the info. I fully understand it all boils down to the sites. I would be interested to also hear from any other franchise holders or solo operators in the southeast & Greater London areas. Perhaps some of you would share some stories, about some of the strangest locations you may of had, or ones you thought were going to be a total waste of time but turned out ok.

180 machines is a big investment not just in cash terms but stock/time management as well, I presume that it is not a solo effort.

Once I have all my sites up and running and a few months data, it will be interesting to see how the averages stack up, hopefully I will get lucky, as with all, time will tell.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Or there may just be some cheap towers on the market again! :50: :rofl:
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Post by radical.richard »

LOL so true as anyone in this game will tell you.

P.S. anyone looking for heavily stickered towers let me know LOL.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

The only stats worth having are your own....and you'll soon have them!
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

test
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com