HEY YOU GUYS!

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
Bert
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: search

HEY YOU GUYS!

Post by Bert »

Hi from a long time Goonies fan, not sure if everyone will get the subject ref, as I suspect I'm now classed as an old G@t.

Anyways I decided to buy a 10 machine package from a well known company, I realise reading lots of threads on here that the best way, is to really find your own sites/machines. However! In all honesty it was the site finding service that sold it for me, perhaps in the future if I decide to expand I will search for my own. As this is in no way my main income vehicle, my plan is to give it 13 months with no expectations other than to try and enjoy the experience, of course I would like to see margins increasing at the same time & perhaps going a long way towards a ROI, but if it takes a bit longer than the 13 months, I can live with that.

I say 13 months, as the claims by the company are that you should see a ROI within 12, a claim that I'm sceptical about but openminded at the same time, I allowed the extra month for their site finding & the machine's to be noticed. The terms are quit restrictive, but as this is my first experience of vending I'm happy to comply for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure I will have plenty of questions over the coming weeks/months, so apologise in advance, if I end up asking questions that may have been asked in the past, but may be buried in a thread I have not come across.

Anyway Happy new year to one & all.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: HEY YOU GUYS!

Post by Style »

Where are you in the country Bert?
Bert
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Bert »

Greater London/borders of Kent
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Be very sceptical of the claims lol
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Bert
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Bert »

Expect nothing, then you are never disappointed, is what I tend to bear in mind when People/companies prophesise such things. As long, as I see a ROI within two years with minimal fuss along the way, then I will be happy. Time will tell but I certainly won't be self defeatist about it.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

2 years is a long time to work for nothing! You will have seen on here no doubt that average sales obviously range from good to bad but realistically 25 - 30 pots a month per site. Just depends how much you paid for your package! You also need to Include for damage and theft of machines in the equation. Ensure you have public liability insurance too

Good luck and welcome
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Bert
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Bert »

Thanks for the welcome Snackmore.

Indeed two years is a long time to work for nothing, but that is of course if you view it that way. I preferer to view it as working towards a goal. That goal being mainly recouping my initial outlay, building a customer base, perhaps looking to expand with other machines at sites & using the experience/contacts gained, to perhaps find other sites. I'm a great believer in the domino effect & that sometimes in order to win in the end, you have to lose a bit in the beginning. The initial loss here, hopefully only being my time, but if I can make it an enjoyable experience then will that really be a loss.

As you state a lot will depend on the sites & there turnover, factors yet unknown. Public liability was pretty cheap as I needed it for some volunteer work I do, adding vending machines to the policy did not add any extra to it. Which was a pleasant surprise.

As for the theft of machines, I can only hope this does not happen at all, or at least in the first couple of years. I would be interested to know of any experience you may of had with machine theft? How and if you were able to make a claim against the sites insurance? If there is indeed any recourse to actually do so?

Once again thanks for the welcome & offering some food for thought, while opening up a dialogue.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

If you are relying on a franchise site finder to get your sites I think Snackmores £25-30pm is very optimistic. For a new franchise I bet at least half of them would be MOT garages and care homes where the average is probably nearer £5 per month.
Bert
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Bert »

Thanks for your input Style,I will however continue to remain optimistic that the sites included with the package will be worth the effort. Hopefully, not to many old folk's home's as they may not let me back out. Perhaps you could be helpful & recommend a good site finding service for if the need arises, that is of course, if I manage to escape the clutch's of Grandpa Simpson & Uncle Albert.
Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Post by Vendition Ltd »

Sites from tubz vending are pretty good these days, I don’t think you will be disappointed! But does depend how saturated your area is!