New Member looking for sites

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
Halas
Area Covered: Lancashire
Referred by?: Internet

New Member looking for sites

Post by Halas »

Hi all
I'm relatively new to Tower Vending, only have x3 sites but looking for new ones. I believe Barbara is in the know?
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Re: New Member looking for sites

Post by radical.richard »

Hi Halas,

First please introduce yourself, you will get a lot more help here if we know who you are.

Would suggest, where you are located, how you got into towers, as you only have three towers what else you do, and what you are looking to get out of this business.

Obviously some could be confidential so feel free to PM the stuff you cant make public.

We are generally a good helpful supportive group here.

Cheers
Halas

Post by Halas »

Hi
I work full time in the Vending Business at moment for another quite large company, mainly coffee and snack MCS, I'm a service engineer.
I'd like nothing better than to work for myself, instead of making other people money! Spent 30 years in the Gaming Industry before 're training and going into vending. The Tower MCS just seem like a way into working for myself, I also have options to go into coffee and snack MCS, but don't know where to start basically. I'm making general enquiries at mo before deciding to take the plunge, but a few Tower MCS would help me to work my way into working for myself for now. Finding this site has been extremely helpful so far, and everyone seems very helpful!
Halas

Post by Halas »

I'm based in the North West, Blackburn Area.....
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Post by radical.richard »

Hi again. I'm certain most of your questions have already been asked and the answers will be found in the forum, so its best to take a look and search before you ask questions. However a few quick tips, a well placed tower can make you a nice sideline income, but there are very few good sites left, most people doing this full time have several hundred towers out there in order to make little more than the average UK wage. Dont underestimate the cost of the stock sitting in the towers, and if it its sweets that it can go out of date. Most people are moving to toys these days. Sounds like with your current job you will already be visiting potential sites, but not certain how you would resolve the conflict of interest. If you do try a site finder, then Barbara does a good job for a fair price, but of course there is no better way than to find the site yourself.
Halas

Post by Halas »

Hi Richard.
Hope you don't mind me PM you again.
I remember you saying you bought a round from someone?
I have the chance to buy part of a round someone is selling, he has a lot of sites, and wants to scale down as he's thinking or retiring. He's selling the round as a going concern with the machines on site. Is there anything I should be wary of? Any advice very appreciated!
Steve....
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Best way to get into vending is to buy an existing business. Ask the operator if you can accompany them on site visits. You will then be in the best position to make your mind up! Sorry for late response, but go for it! Get close to someone retiring soon.

Pete