New to vending in North Wales

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
Lowlight
Referred by?: Google

New to vending in North Wales

Post by Lowlight »

Hi Everyone!
I've been looking for something to start as a business that I can get up and running fairly cheap, that I could do in my own time (I'm full time employed) and that I can use to introduce my daughter into the world of business / money - vending seems a very good fit for this which bought me here.

I've had a good look round the forum and have already picked up a fair bit of information, being new to the industry I am looking to go for the Tubs / Hurleys option as I'd prefer new towers and I'd have a bit of back up and to build relations with one of the main suppliers, I've found Tubs very helpful and they have put a lot of effort into supplying info etc. so I'd say they are favourite at the moment.

The independent route is intriguing. Once I understand things more, have worked on a few towers and know the difference between the good and bad ones I'll be looking to go that way. The big thing would be siting but I see there is help on here for this too.

It's good to see a few people include their families in vending, my daughter is only 11 but has wanted to start a business for a while, she can't exactly work at that age so I hope including her in this it will set her up for when she is ready to start her own thing.

Thanks for all the info so far, I'm looking to get started ASAP but want to understand the saturation level in the Chester / Flintshire area and dig around on here more before going for it - hopefully I'll learn from this forum and avoid a few of the usual pitfalls when starting out!!
OscarHarris
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Referred by?: Google search

Re: New to vending in North Wales

Post by OscarHarris »

Welcome to the forum!

Vending is a great business and it sounds like it may meet many of your needs. My advise regarding the "franchise" v independent is they are both the same accept one is just more expensive that the other.

The truth is both Hurleys and tubz vending are very good to deal with.Their prices and products are very much the same. But make no mistake, regardless of what each of them may say, you won't get much support from either of them when it comes to growing your business. My advise would be to see both companies as suppliers of stock only and they both do that very well.

Everything else is down to you whether you buy used machines from eBay or a full price new package from either Hurleys or tubz vending.

All areas are saturated with these machines but that doesn't mean there isn't plenty of opportunity. Using a site finder is hit or miss regardless of who you use. I would recommend Barbara on here, she is excellent and the best option in my experience. Don't expect every site to be amazing and be prepared to re-site some machines over and over until you find them a decent home. Also you can't sit back and expect the site finder to do all the work. Either work with them to give yourself the best opportunities (speak with Barbara) or be preferred to do some site finding personally.

The machines are very simple and you will get all the help you need regarding them from the members of this forum. If you're buying used ones just make sure they are clean and complete. Ask with seller how old they are and buy as new as possible. You can't go to far wrong.

Good Luck :thumbup: Jay.
JimBoB1975

Post by JimBoB1975 »

Some one is selling a tower round in Wrexham if any interest thanks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sweet-Vending-Tower-business-FOR-SALE/302015989084?hash=item46518e455c:g:jtEAAOSwrklVEXiw
Lowlight

Post by Lowlight »

If I combine both posts I'd be up and running with more towers and contacts, be independent and have an area that's not too far away... that might be the most productive post I've ever done!
Thanks for the advice, don't know how I missed the business for sale as I have been looking, I have bookmarked Barbara's web site as I am 50/50 on which way to go. The main reason I was thinking of the Tubs route was to have new equipment and a recognised brand; I might just go for my own brand and smash it from there!
JimBoB1975

Post by JimBoB1975 »

I started with used machines and I use Barbara to get them sited she is good and always succeeds in getting them sited, but you can not guarantee these sites will be good. So any which are not performing I try and move myself by contacting business's in my area.

Yeah if you can get a already running business with towers in place and would imagine that would be good start, find has much as the person will tell you before considering buying is round.

I would of bought vending round if I came across one in my area.

Thanks

James
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Lowlight wrote:If I combine both posts I'd be up and running with more towers and contacts, be independent and have an area that's not too far away... that might be the most productive post I've ever done!
Thanks for the advice, don't know how I missed the business for sale as I have been looking, I have bookmarked Barbara's web site as I am 50/50 on which way to go. The main reason I was thinking of the Tubs route was to have new equipment and a recognised brand; I might just go for my own brand and smash it from there!
The brand that is most important is the brand of the sweets, ie Skittles, M&M's etc. Whoever the re-packer is makes no difference as the product is the same. My suggestion would be to keep to one supplier to make the vendor look uniform and not a mish-mash of different labelling. Retail is in the detail. ;)

Please feel free to get in touch if you want any more help or advice and if you get a few minutes, have a read of my website as it has a lot of useful information on the vending market.

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Barbara
Lowlight

Post by Lowlight »

Hi Barbara, I've had a nose around already and I'd be needing your services from day one. The existing round isn't in the right place for me, it'd mean a 45 minute drive before I started and the same back. That's ok for the short term but every mile is profit lost so I'd be looking to move them gradually from their existing locations to somewhere closer to home.
Done right the sales will make a bit of profit after the travel and sitting fees and I'll end up with a good, local round at a bargain price!
I'm away this weekend so it'll be next week now but I will give you a call if that's ok, just to get a general feel for timescales / costs etc.

It's all getting rather exciting - got to register as a company now, been a while since I've done that!
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Lowlight wrote:Hi Barbara, I've had a nose around already and I'd be needing your services from day one. The existing round isn't in the right place for me, it'd mean a 45 minute drive before I started and the same back. That's ok for the short term but every mile is profit lost so I'd be looking to move them gradually from their existing locations to somewhere closer to home.
Done right the sales will make a bit of profit after the travel and sitting fees and I'll end up with a good, local round at a bargain price!
I'm away this weekend so it'll be next week now but I will give you a call if that's ok, just to get a general feel for timescales / costs etc.

It's all getting rather exciting - got to register as a company now, been a while since I've done that!
Hi there

Before you start moving the machines, if they are good sites I would suggest you keep them. As you get into the business you will soon realise that 45 minutes is very acceptable travelling distance and good sites are very thin on the ground. If you are buying the machines, give me a call and let me know averages, locations etc and I will be able to give the business an overview and weigh up the pros and cons.

If you want to give me a call, please avoid my busy campaign times which is around 10am - 3.30pm, just let me know if you are calling then I will hang around to await your call. Look forward to the catch up. My telephone number is 01579 347628 or send me an email: barbara@vendingsitingservices.co.uk

Kind regards,

Barbara
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Towers
Referred by?: PabloV8

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

Keep all of the sites, summer is around the corner that might be your busy period, reappraise in September and if need be then resite!
45 minutes travelling, in this business that is nothing! You just might regret not keeping them as sites are very difficult to find/come across.
Pablo
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

If I was just starting, I'd keep them and fill the gap between them and home with new sites.