New to the business

Introduce yourself to the vending and coin operated community
alexlg
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Hampshire
Machines Used: none yet! (I want to be an operator)
Referred by?: I googled 'tubz vending'

Re: New to the business

Post by alexlg »

Rubbish! So bad I'm embarrassed to tell you - but at the moment my lockup is so full of vendors I haven't the energy to re-site, it might as well stay there. Plus I paid a site finder for it - def not worth the money if you allow for the effort it takes to site and re-visit etc.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Alex, its not surprising. A Bookers shopper can buy 3kg of mini eggs for around £10 or 60g from you for £1. Thats a bit of a no brainer really! lol.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

I thought itay have been good actually , if your feeling a bit peckish after pushing your trilley round .
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
alexlg
Area Covered: Hampshire
Machines Used: none yet! (I want to be an operator)
Referred by?: I googled 'tubz vending'

Post by alexlg »

Style wrote:Alex, its not surprising. A Bookers shopper can buy 3kg of mini eggs for around £10 or 60g from you for £1. Thats a bit of a no brainer really! lol.
Well I've never bought anything from a vending tower myself so I'm constantly surprised that anyone does, so I thought I might as well give it a go. I've only been in the business 18 months and all the best sites had already gone round here, so I'm not expecting miracles. Luckily I have one or two that sell nearly 100/month and keep my overall average per site about 30/month (I've lost a LOT of (crappy) sites recently and have A LOT of machines in my lockup @ the mo).
In actual fact, having just looked at my spreadsheet, I note that this site (Batleys not Bookers) has averaged 18 pots/month since 1st September. That's not great I know but I've got worse. The best seller here is gourmet jelly beans without a doubt. I think its mainly one member of staff! The bonus is that the site is almost on my doorstep and I have to go there regularly myself, to stock up on Maoam, so not much extra time no extra petrol. I notice also that the store supports a local charity, which I also support, so one day I'll get round to changing the vendor to support that charity too.
Incidentally, I've read some chat on here about Maoam contents reducing from 60 minis/120 stripes per box. I'm still buying them at the old quantities, but maybe Batleys had a backlog of the old stock.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Wow 18 a month is much better than I would have thought. Anything doing 10 plus a month I keep but only visit them ones every 12/14 weeks.