General vending talk
Tufty
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Barbara

How best to send a large machine

Post by Tufty »

Hi guys,

As I mentioned in another topic I got a little carried away in buying machines and forgot about stocking them so shortly I will have a few different machines for sale. I see a lot for sale on eBay and they offer delivery for around £20.
Does anyone know how this would work for large toy capsule machines?
Offering postage would mean I could appeal to so much more people as I am in a pretty rural location but I just can't think how they do it unless I am over thinking it and it is just as simple as huge cardboard box and metres of bubble wrap?

Does anyone have any experience of posting towers or capsule machines?
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Re: How best to send a large machine

Post by Snackmore »

Offer a pallet delivery, you just need to purchase a couple of cheap straps and some pallet wrap. A half pallet is around £40 you could always offer to go halves if a minimum amount is reached?
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST

Post by radical.richard »

Hi Laurie

As you correctly note, stock is the major consumer of working capitol in this game.

Depending on what you have to sell, some people might be willing to come and get it themselves, I have driven just over 400 miles round trip a couple of times to pick up machines and stands. If you cost it at 20p a mile of course a palette would work out cheaper, but I also enjoy meeting the other operators and learning from their experiences.

There is someone on ebay trying to sell stands, they were £40 a piece and £40 shipping each, nobody is going to buy them, hes reduced them to £20 each now but even so this would only be attractive as a job lot with combined shipping on a palette.

You need to evaluate what you are selling and how much it is worth to others and then gauge if its worth shipping it.

Cheers

P.S. Best option is to post what you have on sale here first as eBay fees are often a deal breaker for larger deals
Tufty
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Tufty »

Thanks for the tips guys, it is going to be a couple of double Tomy with display tops so they are big!
I hadn’t actually considered pallets but that makes sense so thanks for that :)
I am in the process of getting the coin mechs updated for the new pound but I’m not really sure what the machines are worth that’s why I thought Ebay might be my best bet but you are right the fees are a killer!
Time to get busy researching prices then once the mechs are sorted I will get an ad up here.
I bought these and a lot of different machines bits/bobs from one seller as a bulk deal with delivery so it makes it a bit trickier for me to value. Any advice from you guys is always welcome.

Hope things are going well for you Richard?
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST

Post by radical.richard »

Hi Laurie

Yes Im good thanks, as far as pricing, you can get new ones for £195 plus VAT see

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toy-Capsule- ... 3335470647

Based on reasonable purchase price of used towers (not the dreamers on eBay) a realistic value of used vs new in my experience is around a quarter and much less of the new price, depending on how quickly they want to get out, or off load.

Cheers
Last edited by radical.richard on January 31st, 2018, 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tufty
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Tufty »

Thanks Richard :)
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

The ones listed above are not Tomy and certainly not the quality of Tomy. A new 4 head Tomy will set you back around £600 inc VAT

I would suggest with mechs updated (genuine Tomy mechs are £30 each!) a reasonable sale price would be £175 to £225 per 4 head depending on condition and assuming they have all feet/wheels and top display
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Tufty
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Tufty »

Thanks Steve,I had previously spoken to Style and he was in the same ballpark regarding prices. They seem very good quality, I like the fact that they can operate as singles or doubles as well.

There is a used one on eBay just now for £375,very optimistic I think!

I am on the hunt for any mechs/single lids if you guys have any spares lying around :)
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

I may be after some Tomys soon. Let me know when you are ready to sell.

Andy