Keeping towers in good condition

General vending talk
Suncraft
Area Covered: Glasgow
Referred by?: Google

Keeping towers in good condition

Post by Suncraft »

Hi folks, sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere but im just wondering what people use to keep their towers in good nick and minimise the wear and tear.
Got a couple that are starting to grind as you turn the coin mech and also a couple where the pot on top falls too low for it to turn the whole way round.
Is it some wd40 required or some grease or....??
Any help much appreciated.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: Keeping towers in good condition

Post by Style »

Take the coin mech out, make sure all the screws are tight and give it a spray. If its off the machine I use oil. Pot falling to low I think sounds like your barrel has dropped. Not an easy fix but I have heard of people lifting the coin mech (which will raise the barrell) by drilling and sticking a screw just below the mech.
OscarHarris
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Referred by?: Google search

Post by OscarHarris »

There is another reason the second pot will get caught. After discovering it recently I'm not convinced that I haven't been blaming a "dropped barrel" for this many times in the past. If the selector "dimple" ring or spring is worn, it can sometimes align the pot a fraction to the right, just a mm or 2 not much. This means the pot drops into the deeper part of the barrel and therefore will drop the second pot just far enough to get caught. You can test this with a good machine, simply rotate and hold the carousel a fraction to the right of its natural position as you vend a pot, play with the distance and you'll notice it doesn't need to be move too far to the right until the second pot gets stuck, happens every time, as soon as the pot drops into the deeper part of the barrel. If the selector ring or spring is worn it can cause the pot to align just far enough to the right for this to happen.

After checking and changing both of these parts on MANY machines with this issue over the last few weeks the problem has been resolved.

I can't take any real credit for this as a similar issue was identified by Mark (remarkable vending on here) and shared with me recently. This was an identical issue when a Clenport dimple ring was used on a Chinese machine. As the holes are a fraction larger it would also align the pot slightly to the right causing the same issue in every 5 or 6 vends.

I would always check this first as it's an easy and cheap fix
Suncraft
Area Covered: Glasgow
Referred by?: Google

Post by Suncraft »

Great, cheers for the advice guys.
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

Please do not use WD40 - if you use too much the residue might find its way onto pots, then on to peoples hands.

A safer bet is silicone grease - does not smell and is designed for industries like ours.

Cheers

Pablo