General vending talk
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Merseyside, Warrington
Machines Used: Bulk, Toys, Towers other non elec stuff

Ebay site finding

Post by popp665 »

I see quite alot of ads on ebay offerering tower to sites, has anybody tried this and does it work? I would just imagine you get lots of time wasters?

On the subject of finding new sites has anybody aquired new sites through advertising your service?

I did once leave a tower at the entrance to bookers with my details on advertising the servicr etc but got nothing from it,(was only there a week and the area manager asked me to remove it)

Shot himself in the foot really cause i spat my dummy out and told him the amount i spend on pringles in there he could of at least left it there a month and vowed never to buy anything from then again :rofl:
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Re: Ebay site finding

Post by Central2vend »

I have a couple of the adds on eBay. I have had some business from them but also quite a few time wasters. But as it costs very little to be on their it's worth the hastle
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by popp665 »

Suppose that's a fair point and you never know you might get that lucky break..... Are you the ad that asks for a 200 pound deposit for a pub site? I would imagine that not many are prepared to pay that?
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Central2vend »

No I'm the other 2 adds. I think that's pretty rude and I wouldn't imagine he gets many pubs asking for a machine. The main problem with the adds is people don't read the area you cover so I've had people as far as whales buying the service and wondering why I wouldn't supply a machine to them
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by popp665 »

That's what I thought, utter madness :$ didn't want to say that before in case it was you and I offended! The whole idea of having a machine is that there is no risk, it's frustrating when you do have a pub shaft you but part of the business

Ps if you get any leads in the northwest give me a shout. Funnily enough I had a lead in Wales a few months back and nobody wanted it
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Central2vend »

Will do popp665. Last month I had a guy wanting 4 machines In 4 sites from the add,problem was there was 60miles between the sites. I passed this on to a fellow operator in my area and should know in the next few days how good the sites were. This operator is going to pay a fee based on the business machines have done.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

I tried it a couple of years ago and only got one lead. But that was someone who hadnt read the add and thought they were buying a tower for 99p. They then put a complaint in to ebay because I wouldnt sell them a tower full of sweets for there living room for 99p.

Andy
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Central2vend »

Andy, funny you should say that because I've had 8 people so far
Thinking the same. Some people are complete d_ _ _s.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Style wrote:I tried it a couple of years ago and only got one lead. But that was someone who hadnt read the add and thought they were buying a tower for 99p. They then put a complaint in to ebay because I wouldnt sell them a tower full of sweets for there living room for 99p.

Andy
:lol:

We had similar when we used to advertise our franchise on EBay saying it was a free franchise. We would get requests for us to place towers, fill them up and give them the takings. :roll:
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: South and West Wales
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Google Search

Post by DT Vending »

Hi All, I am Based In south wales but most of my machines are down west wales If you get any leads down south wales or West wales these would be much appreciated and Obviously I will pay for the sites.