Best Van?

General vending talk
tubzsnackz
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: within 10 miles of Staines.
Machines Used: Tower, Pringles

Best Van?

Post by tubzsnackz »

Any ideas? Something that can fit a tower stood up on the stand could be useful. Also economy is a factor. cheers.
Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Cornwall
Machines Used: bulk vender

Re: Best Van?

Post by Jon123 »

Bipper, Fiorina or nemo. All the same van just different manufacturers, I have 2 bippers good on fuel.

Next van will probably be a nissan NV200 really good on fuel and twice the room as bippers.

Cheers
Jonny
tubzsnackz
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by tubzsnackz »

Jon123 wrote:Bipper, Fiorina or nemo. All the same van just different manufacturers, I have 2 bippers good on fuel.

Next van will probably be a nissan NV200 really good on fuel and twice the room as bippers.

Cheers
Jonny
Ta but can the machines be stood up? also handy to work inside if raining.
Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Jon123 »

Yep machines can be stood up but not on stands.

Nissan nv 200 is the one I would go for, brilliant van 100k mile warranty, fuel effecient, loads of room, loads of tech aswell like reverse camera.

Cheers
Jonny
tubzsnackz
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by tubzsnackz »

Thanks Johnny, I was thinking NV200 maybe. Think the bipper is only similar in load capacity of my estate car.

Any other opinions please? Vivaro / Traffic? Transporter? Doblo?
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

has anyone thought about or is using LPG? apparently can cut fuel costs by 40% so should pay for itself in a matter of months, but at a grand upwards for a conversion I figure its not worth it on older vehicles which might not pass their next MOT in a couple of months... :problem:
Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Jon123 »

New shape doblo has the lightest clutch I have ever used. good load space and new ones very effecient. Also same as new shape vauxhall combo.

Transporter - pubs will think your making to much money and want more comission!

Vivaro/Traffic - has had a lot of bad reviews, big load space are you going to use it all?

Do you have a store to keep machines in? if so I would go with a smaller van that is going to cost less to run.

Cheers
Jonny
tubzsnackz
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by tubzsnackz »

insurance ?
Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Jon123 »

My van insurances are all eye watering due to age and the Misses smacking one up due to her shocking driving, lost 2 years off ncb!!

I found gladiator to be fairly cheap but it depends on many factors, the factor your looking at when buying a van is the van insurance group. generally the more main stream and smaller the van the cheaper the insurance, as it costs them less to fix them. if you smash up a vw transporter it will cost serious money to fix and as a result insurance will be higher, but smaller vans which are more main stream and therefore parts are cheaper means that will be reflected in premium prices.

It is also worth looking at vehicle classification small goods vehicle is the cheapest tax on vans so look out for that.

Also worth noting the larger the van the more it costs for all the parts,this week I just had 2 back tyres on one of our vans and it was 90quid inc vat and fitting budget/mid range tyres. I had 2 front tyres done on my van today and they were top end tyres and they were 130 inc vat and fitting. VW transporter would be 100 quid for 1 tyre!!

Cheers
Jonny
isladeiona
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Central Scotland
Machines Used: Combo, Can, Bottles, Snacks
Referred by?: Google

Post by isladeiona »

I have a vivaro, was going to change it last year but since its a 56 plate its a euro tax classification,..less road tax Next year for this is a 09 plate I believe. Mines done 109000 and no problems. Bought it 1 and 1/2 yr ago at 51000 mile. Im 457 insurance 9yr ncb protected. Drives nicely but this is the 2nd vivaro where the wind catches the back doors it moves the hinges, the catches supplied are useless in heavy wind.