Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

tubz vending Customer Service

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

There has been a lot of chat in the closed section of this forum about tubz vending and their bad service and because I now have first hand knowledge of it ( yet again )I am continuing the thread in the open forum so Simon (and everyone else) can see for himself where his arrogance and lack of personality gets him. I just rang Simon at tubz vending to ask for his pricelist. And this is why he is about to loose me as a customer. His reply was " well I'll send you one out mate, but not being funny but are you going to place an order this time only you've rang us twice in the last few months looking price lists and you haven't placed an order. I'll match any price but you really need to place an order. "

Well considering we carry over 300 boxes at a time all tubz vending.....and I collected 100 boxes at his plant at end of October ......and we've just finished a trial with an new Irish supplier going thru 150 of their boxes.......I think he's done ok out of us .If he had stopped for one second to ask why our orders are down he would have had a chance to get it all back . But no....his arrogance and condescending attitude has lost him the total order. And if I can find a supplier who ticks all my boxes then he has lost it all forever. If not I will start packing my own. I am permanently in the office now due to health for the next 6 months so I have plenty of time to find a suitable replacement. Long live the price war. In fact self packing looks like a definite possibility. Sell them at cost to build the brand and hey presto, another supplier in the market.
david@naughtyvend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: National & European
Machines Used: Washroom Electomechanical & Electronic
Referred by?: Matt Slater

Re: tubz vending Customer Service

Post by david@naughtyvend »

...you can source the sugar based products of course from Asia so long as a 20' container is taken or inded a high cube 40' container, the problem is storage up to food standards code and shelf life until momentum is gained in what appears to be a highly saturated vending market - you would in other words end up being another competitor looking for a slice and entering a pricing war. Worth the hassle for a £1 product with restricted margins?

There's only so much room and the creation of another and / or removal of demand if you started to service your own demand internally would without doubt trigger a negative reaction, you may not be the loser in this and perhaps someone else would but ultimately the provision of a better product or service is beneficial to all. A pricing war only initiates compromise and long term detrimental results. Even if it takes some healthy competition to wake the 'other guys' up consumers will choose what is best for them, in my opinion reaching for the bottom and drawing a line at what you can get away with in terms of acceptable quality of product or standards isn't a good path to follow, in snacks you'd end up with cheap sweeties, no consumer brands and knock off / look-a-like sweeties or perhaps savouries from some cockroach ridden producer thousands of miles away.

I get your point though, the attitude should be more along the lines of "How can I help? I noticed you have not ordered or... is something else an issue we can overcome?" rather than an implication you are just wasting time and there's no point talking to you unless there's a profit margin attached to your waistcoat. Hell, I talk to people whom make me no income regularly and received a recommendation from one such this week which might generate business... and we discussed vending in general. Why not...?

Well ok, so you've thrown the gauntlet out for Simon (tubz vending) to respond and every story has at least two sides which need listened to objectively. Our collective breath is baited... :think:
kris@tubzbrandsltd
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: south east
Machines Used: towers
Referred by?: New forum

Post by kris@tubzbrandsltd »

HI THIS IS A E-MAIL SIMON SENT TO NOEL THIS MORNING

Hello Noel,

Please find our latest news letter attached. You should have received the price comparison earlier.

I apologise if our conversation earlier offended you as that was not my intention and i only commented on whether or not you were looking to order in jest. It has been a bit of a hectic week with my daughter being taken into hospital with a bad allergic reaction so sorry if i was not as upbeat as normal.

We try not to hassle you for orders as i know you respect your independence and as you have mentioned to me before you will always contact us when you are ready.

We are in light of the stiffened competition have tried to sharpen up our prices and offers to our customers and are always trying to give as good a customer service as possible.

I wish you all the best for the future Noel and feel free to call whenever as I’m always here to chat and i will make sure any personal issues don’t get me down.

Kind Regards

Simon Smith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

david@naughtyvend wrote:...you can source the sugar based products of course from Asia so long as a 20' container is taken or inded a high cube 40' container, the problem is storage up to food standards code and shelf life until momentum is gained in what appears to be a highly saturated vending market - you would in other words end up being another competitor looking for a slice and entering a pricing war. Worth the hassle for a £1 product with restricted margins?

There's only so much room and the creation of another and / or removal of demand if you started to service your own demand internally would without doubt trigger a negative reaction, you may not be the loser in this and perhaps someone else would but ultimately the provision of a better product or service is beneficial to all. A pricing war only initiates compromise and long term detrimental results. Even if it takes some healthy competition to wake the 'other guys' up consumers will choose what is best for them, in my opinion reaching for the bottom and drawing a line at what you can get away with in terms of acceptable quality of product or standards isn't a good path to follow, in snacks you'd end up with cheap sweeties, no consumer brands and knock off / look-a-like sweeties or perhaps savouries from some cockroach ridden producer thousands of miles away.

I get your point though, the attitude should be more along the lines of "How can I help? I noticed you have not ordered or... is something else an issue we can overcome?" rather than an implication you are just wasting time and there's no point talking to you unless there's a profit margin attached to your waistcoat. Hell, I talk to people whom make me no income regularly and received a recommendation from one such this week which might generate business... and we discussed vending in general. Why not...?

Well ok, so you've thrown the gauntlet out for Simon (tubz vending) to respond and every story has at least two sides which need listened to objectively. Our collective breath is baited... :think:
As usual David you are over analysing and over complicating matters. Sourcing the products in Asia or Spain or any where else is no problem. Neither is the storage . We have a 3000 sq ft warehouse at our home and another 1000sq ft off site warehouse within 8 miles the bigger of which is passed for storage and self packing for another end of our business. Neither is the market saturated as all new comers are still only just out of the starting blocks and may or may not survive. Add to that the fact that we have almost 1000 sited machines of our own , and you can see the practicality and potential of self packing. There is loads of room left in the market and more competition for already strangled operators can only be a good thing not a negative one.
And yes it is worth it for a £1 vend and for the 2 Euro vend we have here in Ireland which is currently about £ 1.70. A price war does not involve compromise , it encourages suppliers to look at their operation and streamline it and compete. If they can't compete then they leave the market. A competitive market will always find it's own level . There may be casualties along the way but that's free enterprise and market .
in my opinion reaching for the bottom and drawing a line at what you can get away with in terms of acceptable quality of product or standards isn't a good path to follow, in snacks you'd end up with cheap sweeties, no consumer brands and knock off / look-a-like sweeties or perhaps savouries from some cockroach ridden producer thousands of miles away.
As for that quote I don't think any supplier on here would stoop to those levels and it's not a matter of reaching for the bottom. A supplier would be priced out of this game long before he got to that stage.

I especially didn't throw down any gauntlet to anyone , I just stated the facts, and as you can see from Simon's reply there was only one side to this story and that was just as I said at the start, his lack of personality , his arrogance and the fact that he is about to loose the order. No need to wait with baited breath... You'll eventually see that I tell it like it is and don't stretch the truth .

Regards

Noel
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Oh and Kris, thanks for posting my private e-mails on here fo everyone to see. if you had wanted to clarify tubz vending cockup, all you had to do was write a seperate posting explaining.
We try not to hassle you for orders as i know you respect your independence and as you have mentioned to me before you will always contact us when you are ready.
look what happened when I did contact you !!!!!!!!

Regards

Noel
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

the words `after the horse has bolted spring to mind`

Ade
kris@tubzbrandsltd
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Hi Noel,

Simon asked me to put it on here mate... i did not deal with your call and dont know what was said...

If you want to know why.. give simon a call tomorrow mate...
Venderbase
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: 1
Machines Used: 1

Post by Venderbase »

Why doesn't Simon join and post himself?
kris@tubzbrandsltd
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Hi Daz,

I really dont know???? :roll:

I shall ask
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

kris@tubzbrandsltd wrote:Hi Daz,

I really dont know???? :roll:

I shall ask
We know he regularly reads posts on here without logging in, so why not post back himself personally? :crazy: