Stolen machine

General vending talk
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Re: Stolen machine

Post by part-time-operator »

Mark@YorVend wrote:I think I will definitely put something on my machines now. Just been looking at some letter and number stamps on the internet, think I might label all my machines with my company's name and number. If I ever get one stolen, and it then turns up on a site, I would hope one of you guys would let me know. It's one thing for mindless thugs to be stealing machines, and breaking them open for the cash, it's terrible to think that other operators are stealing machines and re-siting them! :x

close friend of mine is in waste disposal, i know he is in an honest bloke but most of his competitors will drive across police boundaries and pick up other peoples skips and re-spray them. that's how most of them get into business on a shoestring budget. bloody annoying!
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Just ordered 2 different types of mini GPS trackers from ebay. I'm going to have a go at wiring them up to bigger batteries to give them longer life, I will post on here when I've judged their effectiveness.

Just had a go at marking one of my machines, might try and do all of them this week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

No denying its your machine if anyone comes across it. Just thought maybe some unique lettering and a bit more discreet? But you know what , most people that nick them don't care and will sell as is.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Mark@YorVend »

We don't really do subtle in Yorkshire! ;)

I'm hoping if i get any nicked they will be easily identifiable, and if any one on here gets offered one they would let me know about it. If I come across anyone else's markings on any that I buy over the t'internet I will be sure to let them know.
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Mark@YorVend wrote:Just ordered 2 different types of mini GPS trackers from ebay. I'm going to have a go at wiring them up to bigger batteries to give them longer life, I will post on here when I've judged their effectiveness.

Just had a go at marking one of my machines, might try and do all of them this week.

That's a proper job :thumbup:
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

If everyone done that would make a difference
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
tubzsnackz
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: within 10 miles of Staines.
Machines Used: Tower, Pringles

Post by tubzsnackz »

Mark@YorVend wrote:Just ordered 2 different types of mini GPS trackers from ebay. I'm going to have a go at wiring them up to bigger batteries to give them longer life, I will post on here when I've judged their effectiveness.
Cool, Ive been thinking about it for a while. How much were they? let us know about the battery when you have some data. A 2 month battery would be perfect which is easily swopable so you can change on every visit and recharge at home. If I caught one thief in a couple of years I`d be well pleased!
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

What happens when you sell a machine? I have used equipment with branding from National companies who sell on after a couple of years?
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Mark@YorVend »

True, a lot of the ones I buy from Hurley's are old sinclair collins machines. I would assume the only reason I would stop using one of my machines is if it was beyond repair, in which case i would break it up for parts, or if I sold my business to someone else, in which case I wouldn't be bothered.
I hope if any of us come across machines with each others branding on, and it's not being bought from one of us direct, that we would check first to make sure it's not stolen.
If anyone decides to mark their machines I would recommend letting us all know, and I for one will check when buying machines.
If we all work together and look out for each other, we can make it much more difficult for machine theives, and surely that will be of benefit to us all. :-)
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Cool, Ive been thinking about it for a while. How much were they? let us know about the battery when you have some data. A 2 month battery would be perfect which is easily swopable so you can change on every visit and recharge at home. If I caught one thief in a couple of years I`d be well pleased!
I've just pm'd you.