General vending talk
Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Cornwall
Machines Used: bulk vender

Re: Demise of Snac a can

Post by Jon123 »

Ross I gurantee there will be price rises, all this ******** about buying bigger quantity of stock is cr@p!!

You have gone from having 4 suppliers to 2, I think 99% of people in Hurleys & tubz vending position would will let the dust settle and then write a letter to all involved saying how they are experiencing price rises in plastic, oil, sugar, sweets, wages and as a result prices will be going up.

If you fall out with 1 of the 2 suppliers the other supplier will have you by the short and curlies surely you can see that?!

the BIGGEST problem with this industry is some people can't keep there mouths shut so you have this constant suppliers know all your cards which means you need to be careful what you say. I have known no other industry like it, Operators need to keep there cards close to there chest not talk to suppliers about anything other than the stock they need. Why do you think when you are on the phone to the tubz vending team they are asking for everybit of information about when you last went for a ****! because when people show them there cards they will know which cards to play to beat you.

Cheers Jonny
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

The above is correct, not a good time to fall out with tubz vending or Hurleys.
I also agree some ppl say too much to suppliers.
I think tubz vending record all the phone calls anyway, common practice with lots of companies know although I think they have to tell you first.
"calls may be recorded for training purposes" blah blah blah , do tubz vending play this message?
I dont think Hurleys record there phone calls?
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Post by choice vending »

i agree with the above posts. Personaly i use both hurleys and tubz vending and get on fine with both of them. intresting that snack a cans prefered supplier is hurleys!!! I wonder if is had anything to do with Joe dressed up as MR tubz vending and dancing in front of the snack a can stall at one of the exhibitions :rofl:
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

:rofl: I remember seeing the pictures
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Jon123 wrote:Ross I gurantee there will be price rises, all this ******** about buying bigger quantity of stock is cr@p!!

You have gone from having 4 suppliers to 2, I think 99% of people in Hurleys & tubz vending position would will let the dust settle and then write a letter to all involved saying how they are experiencing price rises in plastic, oil, sugar, sweets, wages and as a result prices will be going up.

If you fall out with 1 of the 2 suppliers the other supplier will have you by the short and curlies surely you can see that?!

the BIGGEST problem with this industry is some people can't keep there mouths shut so you have this constant suppliers know all your cards which means you need to be careful what you say. I have known no other industry like it, Operators need to keep there cards close to there chest not talk to suppliers about anything other than the stock they need. Why do you think when you are on the phone to the tubz vending team they are asking for everybit of information about when you last went for a ****! because when people show them there cards they will know which cards to play to beat you.

Cheers Jonny
Hi Jonny,

I think you are basing your opinion from your own experiences, buying on a smaller scale. Suppliers know that if prices rise, self packing will increase and some will just move away from pot vending altogether.

Paul
Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Cornwall
Machines Used: bulk vender

Post by Jon123 »

Rossi fan wrote:
Jon123 wrote:Ross I gurantee there will be price rises, all this ******** about buying bigger quantity of stock is cr@p!!

Cheers Jonny
Hi Jonny,

I think you are basing your opinion from your own experiences, buying on a smaller scale. Suppliers know that if prices rise, self packing will increase and some will just move away from pot vending altogether.

Paul
Hi Paul,
This scale of purchasing makes me laugh, do you really think hurleys and tubz vending have such huge quantitys they could access massively better prices than Snack A Can & Sweetfix?

We were all buying from the same wholesaler/factorys. I gurantee that on some lines sweetfix had the best cost prices. Suppliers know one thing and that there is room to put prices up and they also know that self packing has been round long enough to know how many people will actually do it which I can assure is less than you might imagine!

I think prices will go back up to pre competition levels minstrels 42, skittles 43 etc.. It has to because I don't believe suppliers can maintain there expansion without better margins and better cashflow (Which they will need from better margins).

I think hurleys are the stronger of the two and have done well in diversifying in to bagged sweets. I would be wary of too much diversifying. companies only diversify if there core needs more bulk because it is not strong enough on its own or it has little room for growth.

In my opinon vending suppliers accross the board have a constant struggle because the vend price does not change that is what makes the industry interesting and difficult at the same time, It is certainly one of the things that interests me, products are constantly changing and in the next 10 years so will the pricing structure and type of machines.

Cheers
Jonny
Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Post by Vendition Ltd »

Jonny none of us on the forum used snack a can and hurleys and tubz vending seem to be running well without their customers do now that sweetfix and snack a can have gone they have more freedom to do better deals due to the increase in trade

It will be years before prices go to what you are predicting- the tower vending industry won't go to **** just cos snack a can and sweetfix have stopped trading mate

At the moment there is no point self packing to just save £5 per box but if prices increase £5 then it will be worth self packing if we can save £10 per box - suppliers arn't stupid they know this is the case so they will keep prices at the levels they are today

Regards

Ross
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi Ross,

Paul at Hurleys did tell me recently that if this situation with Snack A Can had not happened, there would have been some increases shortly, but due to increased buying, this is unlikely to occur. I dont think you can safely predict 5 years of price stability, but in the current climate, vend price increases are completely out of the question and knowing that, Hurleys are doing all they can to stabilise things for the foreseeable future.
Paul
Paul@HurleysFoods
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

Jon.
Please dont make a fool of yourself. You should really keep your opinions about Robs and my company to yourself as you obviously have no clue. Im sure you diversified before us and went from packing jams to sweets.
Everything we have done, every step we have taken has led us to a place where we are now the best supplier in the mini can industry.
DO NOT lump our company in with the likes of tubz vending. We are not them and never will be.

I made a promise that we will only ever increase our prices if suppliers do. As you have your finger on the pulse of ever part of the vending industry, if we do put a price up you will be able to verify whether its justified or not.
Last year we jumped up as far as discount banding was concerned and we were able to counteract the price rises that came through.
We hope to bring the price of Minstrels down again if what has been indicated to me is correct - as soon as I have concrete information on this I will pass it on.
Our trade has more than doubled in the last 2 weeks. FACT.
Our Honesty Box business is flying and we are buying more sweets than ever. FACT.
We buy quantities of sweets you could only ever dream of buying. FACT.
We now buy over 75% of our sweets direct from the manufacturer. FACT.
I guarantee we get better prices than you ever did and we will continue to do so as we are buying more and more each week.
There are things going on here you will only find out about when they have happened and I would love to see the look on your face when you hear about them.
I rang you and had a very cordial conversation a few months ago and offered you (genuinely now, not tongue in cheek) our pots as you had been done over by a mould maker. You also wanted a supply of Mini Toblerones as you couldnt get them from anywhere - I think that speaks volumes as we could sell them to you cheaper than you could buy them from a wholesaler/ manufacturer. if that doesnt show we have better connections than you I dont know what does.

Any body who reads my posts knows that I dont usually go on like this buy Jonny is reallly getting on my ****.
Stick to what you know Jonny and keep your unfounded opinions to yourself.

The proof is always in the pudding. Our prices will remain where they are, I am confident of that. But, I DONT promise it - that would be stupid and Im not stupid.

Hurleys is in a place where we thought we wouldnt get to for another couple of years yet and I for one am ecstatic about it and I know 150 ex franchisees who are also very happy. Our business model is sound, our cost base low and our margins SUSTAINABLE.

Regards, Paul