Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: more newbie advice?

Post by Style »

Chrisliverpool wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 8:11 pm Any experience on the cost of living / cutting down on purchases impacting on sales part since you seem to have your finger on the pulse ?thanks
Ive been doing this 10 years. January this year was my best ever month.
Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Liverpool
Machines Used: Polyvend
Referred by?: Google

Post by Chrisliverpool »

Style wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 10:56 pm
Chrisliverpool wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 8:11 pm Any experience on the cost of living / cutting down on purchases impacting on sales part since you seem to have your finger on the pulse ?thanks
Ive been doing this 10 years. January this year was my best ever month.
Wow ok wasn’t expecting that. Is that from all your sites collaborated together at the end of the month or just a few certain individual ones and what type of sites of yours do the best?thanks
Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Chrisliverpool »

Coin Operated Group wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 11:26 pm Some sites yes .
:thumbup:
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

Chrisliverpool wrote: February 1st, 2023, 1:47 pm
Coin Operated Group wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:37 pm
Chrisliverpool wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:23 pm thanks for reply, yeah i thought that, that it was basically just part of the job, not really more the actual cash side of things as i will be having card readers on all machines so i presume cash sales will be minimal in comparison to card sales , but iv got on average that to fill a machine with stock will cost in the region of £250, so to have that stolen, whether threw hacking, fraud , theft or lock pick isnt a nice thought
Ive got a few sites cash and card still take more cash
Wow , ok I thought in this day and age there would be no exception to the rule of card doing more than cash, can you let me know what type of sites that these are that do more cash than card just to see if there’s any certain reasoning behind it.
Also I have another general question. We are in the middle of a cost of living ,inflation everything else crisis and people are cutting down on expenses costs etc. Has anyone noticed a downturn in sales over the past say 6 -9 months or so as opposed to normal times ?thanks
People are definitely spending less overall but it varies from site to site, some are doing fine. The world has been in turmoil since Covid hit and we've had one crisis after another; Covid, Ukraine invasion, fuel prices, cost of living crisis, Truss budget scaring the market, inflation/interest rates soaring etc etc. Production costs have gone up, supply issues continue with some products and we're all trying our best not to put up prices. If you think you can make your business work in the current economic climate then go for it but don't do it expecting things to return to 'normal times' or a much better economic situation in the near future as it's highly likely this is the new normal for some time to come.
Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Chrisliverpool »

Quinch wrote: February 10th, 2023, 1:33 am
Chrisliverpool wrote: February 1st, 2023, 1:47 pm
Coin Operated Group wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:37 pm

Ive got a few sites cash and card still take more cash
Wow , ok I thought in this day and age there would be no exception to the rule of card doing more than cash, can you let me know what type of sites that these are that do more cash than card just to see if there’s any certain reasoning behind it.
Also I have another general question. We are in the middle of a cost of living ,inflation everything else crisis and people are cutting down on expenses costs etc. Has anyone noticed a downturn in sales over the past say 6 -9 months or so as opposed to normal times ?thanks
People are definitely spending less overall but it varies from site to site, some are doing fine. The world has been in turmoil since Covid hit and we've had one crisis after another; Covid, Ukraine invasion, fuel prices, cost of living crisis, Truss budget scaring the market, inflation/interest rates soaring etc etc. Production costs have gone up, supply issues continue with some products and we're all trying our best not to put up prices. If you think you can make your business work in the current economic climate then go for it but don't do it expecting things to return to 'normal times' or a much better economic situation in the near future as it's highly likely this is the new normal for some time to come.
totally agree with you with regards to the economic situation currently and for the forseeable as well, just with vending often being impulse purchases and how peoples shopping habits and spending has changed its obviosuly a very important factor now more than ever, but i intend on making £1 profit per item, i.e a case of red bull 330ml sells in cash and carry sells for £26 for 24 cans, so intend to sell for £2 in machine , even in local home bargains these size cans have gone up to around 1.60 1.70 a can so as long as i can make a steady 20 sales per day per machine i would be very happy,but not sure if thats wishfull thinking as although from reading on here some people are lucky to make 20 sales per week :crazy:
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

I have mentioned already if you price too expensive people will not use, especially if its a residents block. But give it a try however using old machines and expecting a premium to me seems a long shot. But give it a go as long as you have plenty of machines for stock rotation youll be fine.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Chrisliverpool »

Coin Operated Group wrote: February 16th, 2023, 10:31 am I have mentioned already if you price too expensive people will not use, especially if its a residents block. But give it a try however using old machines and expecting a premium to me seems a long shot. But give it a go as long as you have plenty of machines for stock rotation youll be fine.
Matt can you give me an example of what drinks you sell either cans or 500ml bottles and red bulls what size and how much you sell them for just so I can get an idea of what prices your go off so I can work off?. Like I say drinks especially I would only be pricing about 50p more than the local home bargains store to the machines. Do you think 20 sales per day is attainable in a apartment complex of 150 units , mostly banking on impulse purchases eg. Bag of crisps at midnight when someone is watching a film etc
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

We have complexes with 600 residents that do 150 a week. Residents dont impilse buy as much as they are at home in essence. We sell at shop prices.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Chrisliverpool »

Coin Operated Group wrote: February 16th, 2023, 7:17 pm We have complexes with 600 residents that do 150 a week. Residents dont impilse buy as much as they are at home in essence. We sell at shop prices.
Yeah I’m trying to get as close to shop prices as possible like I say a 330ml red bull sells in shops even home bargains now for about 1.60 to 1.70, and I would be selling at 1.95. Even the 115g bags of Cadbury’s choc are 1.35 in Asda now and would probably sell for around 1.95. And in cash and carry these bags cost about 85p each