T-Vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Klix/skittles & minstrels
Referred by?: Google

Site Finding Service

Post by T-Vend »

Has anyone ever used a site finding service for full sized machines?

I’ve currently got a load of machines in stock that I’d like to be sorted out there, but I’m struggling to find (decent) sites for them.

James
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Site Finding Service

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Have pm you
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Hi James

Sorry I can't help. I have done quite a few campaigns now for the larger machines and I find it just about impossible as the sites are already tied up with contracts so I generally turn the work away.

Good luck though.

Kind regards,

Barbara
Lee@BIGBAPS
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Lee@BIGBAPS »

Best advice I can give for finding sites is to use the contacts you already have, managers at your existing sites especially the ones who might deal with other local companies are the most useful.

If you have sites that employ agency workers the agency will usually have one of their own managers travelling around the different locations where their workers are, those guys move around different locations in the area and they often know the relevant managers personally. They're also good to get to know.

Stay on their good sides, get friendly and they might help you out.

If a location is already tied up with a contract just ask when that contract expires and make a note of it, go at them again later on but remember the big companies usually need 3-6 months notification of cancellation otherwise it automatically rolls over for another year. I keep a log of sites and how long their contracts are/when they expire.
T-Vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by T-Vend »

Siting Services wrote:Hi James

Sorry I can't help. I have done quite a few campaigns now for the larger machines and I find it just about impossible as the sites are already tied up with contracts so I generally turn the work away.

Good luck though.

Kind regards,

Barbara
Thanks Barbara, I thought that might be the case.

James
T-Vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by T-Vend »

Lee@BIGBAPS wrote:Best advice I can give for finding sites is to use the contacts you already have, managers at your existing sites especially the ones who might deal with other local companies are the most useful.

If you have sites that employ agency workers the agency will usually have one of their own managers travelling around the different locations where their workers are, those guys move around different locations in the area and they often know the relevant managers personally. They're also good to get to know.

Stay on their good sides, get friendly and they might help you out.

If a location is already tied up with a contract just ask when that contract expires and make a note of it, go at them again later on but remember the big companies usually need 3-6 months notification of cancellation otherwise it automatically rolls over for another year. I keep a log of sites and how long their contracts are/when they expire.

Cheers Lee, a couple of good ideas there I’d not thought of.

Thanks
James
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Hi Lee

What you are doing in keeping a diary of expiry dates of the contracts is spot on. I once visited a very large vending company in Hertfordshire and their operation was massive. They had a room with several telephone operators whose job was just that, calling companies and making a database of all the companies in their area who had vending machines, noting contract expiry dates, what machines they had on site etc, etc. They would then have another team whose job was to chase up the companies whose contracts will be up for renewal several months before the expiry date and start the hard sell ..... what a way to go! Hard, hard work. In today's market it's all about giving the site more than what they had, newer machines, anything that gives you the edge to get your foot in door. I only wish I had a way to offer this service, but alas too time consuming to hire me for no immediate results.

Kind regards,

Barbara