Which machine(s) should I install a 600 person office?

Posts about Snack/Drink vending machines
nicklouse10
Referred by?: google search

Which machine(s) should I install a 600 person office?

Post by nicklouse10 »

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations on what sort of machine might be most appropriative for the following situation. I have a £2.5K maximum budget for the machine.

I work in a large office building that houses 60 companies with around 600 staff at the moment and slowly growing.
I run a small company and rent a small office within the building.

The building is laid out over 4 floors with a tea-prep area on each floor, and a main lunch area (just tables and chairs, no food sales) on the ground floor by the entrance which is surrounded by meeting rooms. I'm guessing this would be the best spot for a snack machine because it is a high traffic area.

There is a small coffee company that has set up in one of the tea prep areas selling coffee and cakes and I think there are plans to bring in a hot soup company into the lunch area, but there are currently no vending machines.

The landlords have agreed to let me install some machines. I have zero previous experience of vending machines and my regular business is unrelated)

I don't know what would be best: a combi machine or two separate units, one for canned drinks and one for snacks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm onsite daily so refills wont be a problem.

Also, is there any way of estimating what the volume of sales would be from a machine with 600 potential customers? (most of them are 20-30, and work in tech, building websites and stuff like that)
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Re: Which machine(s) should I install a 600 person office?

Post by Snackmore »

If you are there every day a combo will be fine otherwise I would recommend 2 machines.

Presume access and power are no problem? If not look at Azkoyen M87 or N & W Tango, both modern nice looking machines with big capacity. You would get either well within your budget.

Sellavend in Blackpool sell refurb machines, don't go for tat off ebay, sounds like you need the support and you will get that from them.

You then need to consider what you buy, your crisps may go out of date before you have sold them so buy wisely although if the site is as described you should have no issues.

Or if you were to go for 2 machines consider a glass fronted drinks machine offering cans and bottles your sales will increase.

Or if your in Leicestershire sell the site to me and I will take the hassle away for you :D
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

nicklouse10
Referred by?: google search

Post by nicklouse10 »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I'm based in central Edinburgh.

Access and power is no problem. (they are laying out the cafeteria at the moment and will be installing several plug sockets for me to use)

I am quite keen to have at the very least, a parts warranty on the machine. I'm hoping I can replace any parts myself if they fail? what would be your recommendation for a suitable combi machine?

Although I realise I have quite a healthy budget, it isn't a target spend, and I'd happily spend less if it's achievable.

cheers
Nick
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Nick you should pick up a decent combo for around £1000 to £1500 with at least 3 months parts warranty. Like I say speak to Sellavend and see what they have in. Stay away from westomatic I'm told its hard to get parts.
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Yes I'm sure you can negotiate a parts warranty with sellavend too. Ask for Roger.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com