Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Liverpool
Machines Used: Polyvend
Referred by?: Google

more newbie advice?

Post by Chrisliverpool »

just want to ask a couple questions and also maybe have a thread with contributions from snack drink vendor operators on a couple things they would and wouldnt do when starting a vending business or some tip and hints from more experienced vendors so we all know what were getting ourselves into(basically a how to vend for dummies) as there seems to be a lot more of this style chat on tubz vending/hurleys machines as opposed to snack and drink (no offence or aimed to matt or any of the other operators/mods who seem to make a great effort) and alos any recommendations for good youtube channels on vend, NOT these influencer click bait style ones with the tag line of 'look how much my vending machine made in a week' which are often usa and not very informative, and normally trying to promote some sort of get rich quick vending book, just hard to sift threw all the white noise on there really
anyway todays main question relates to security of machine when in situ,

1 has anyone ever had anyone try to pick the locks or anything similar as when doing my research before starting up i am trying to cover all angles , and come across a tubaluar lock picking device on the internet , nothing to stop someone with a high vis on and a lanyard round neck trying their luck to empty machine of either stock or pound coins??

2 similar to above really in regards to customers attempting to get free stuff from machine i.e try and put a wire coathanger up threw vend hatch and plenty of myths online about hacks or secret codes to get free vends etc, again done a bit of research and mainly seems if it was or could be done, it was on the old oldddd style machines, can anyone put my mind at rest about stuff like this and also i intend on mainly using polyvend 453 combi machines(or if anyone wants to pop up with alternative to these machines that are similar ) so if there is any specifically applicable to these machines, or is this just hazards of the business

again thanks in advance, just trying to be as well informed as possibe before starting, and some of these things will only come from knowledge of experience
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: more newbie advice?

Post by Style »

Short answer.

People consider dont consider getting things free from vending machines theft.

You will have stock stolen, if you are in the game long enough you will probably leave a cash door open at some point and lose money, you will have machines stolen, you will have machines free vending.

All part of the fun!
Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Chrisliverpool »

thanks for reply, yeah i thought that, that it was basically just part of the job, not really more the actual cash side of things as i will be having card readers on all machines so i presume cash sales will be minimal in comparison to card sales , but iv got on average that to fill a machine with stock will cost in the region of £250, so to have that stolen, whether threw hacking, fraud , theft or lock pick isnt a nice thought
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

only theft from machines i had in a big way was member of staff
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Chrisliverpool »

thanks for reply matt, can you clarify by member of staff, as in a member of your own staff working for you directly?this is another thing i am concerened about but one that comes with all business,s where you have staff handling cash or product, and two i plan on doing stocking etc myself for a while as a one man band and also have my missus to help me as well, so at least if she steals anything it will stay in the family haha
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

one of my employees
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chrisliverpool wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:23 pm thanks for reply, yeah i thought that, that it was basically just part of the job, not really more the actual cash side of things as i will be having card readers on all machines so i presume cash sales will be minimal in comparison to card sales , but iv got on average that to fill a machine with stock will cost in the region of £250, so to have that stolen, whether threw hacking, fraud , theft or lock pick isnt a nice thought
Ive got a few sites cash and card still take more cash
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Chrisliverpool »

Coin Operated Group wrote: January 29th, 2023, 4:37 pm
Chrisliverpool wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:23 pm thanks for reply, yeah i thought that, that it was basically just part of the job, not really more the actual cash side of things as i will be having card readers on all machines so i presume cash sales will be minimal in comparison to card sales , but iv got on average that to fill a machine with stock will cost in the region of £250, so to have that stolen, whether threw hacking, fraud , theft or lock pick isnt a nice thought
Ive got a few sites cash and card still take more cash
Wow , ok I thought in this day and age there would be no exception to the rule of card doing more than cash, can you let me know what type of sites that these are that do more cash than card just to see if there’s any certain reasoning behind it.
Also I have another general question. We are in the middle of a cost of living ,inflation everything else crisis and people are cutting down on expenses costs etc. Has anyone noticed a downturn in sales over the past say 6 -9 months or so as opposed to normal times ?thanks
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

No specific sites really.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Chrisliverpool
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Chrisliverpool »

Any experience on the cost of living / cutting down on purchases impacting on sales part since you seem to have your finger on the pulse ?thanks