£2 Vend for Pringles & Sweets

Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
nivending
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Referred by?: Google

£2 Vend for Pringles & Sweets

Post by nivending »

With Pringles and now Sweet pot prices on the rise how close are you to the £2 vend?

Anyone £2 vend already? How’s it going?

£30 plus vat for a £2 vend mech is a major cost too.

Thanks in advance
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: South and West Wales
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Google Search

Re: £2 Vend for Pringles & Sweets

Post by DT Vending »

You can change the coin carrier just like we did a few years ago for the new £ coins ! I have done this successfully, I advised all my sites and gave them plenty of notice, Yes sales are slightly down BUT Im making more money which is what this industry is all about.
Pringles changed first, toy mechs are on route to me to be followed by sweets.
nivending

Post by nivending »

Wow. You’ve changed all to £2 already!! Your well ahead of the curve.

Did you tell the sites beforehand and what was their reaction?

My concern with sweets is the pots are only half full now and could do with being filled up for the £2. So the two suppliers would need to adjust accordingly.

Personally I’d prefer to just buy new mechs as I spent countless hours fitting the new £1 plates and then filing and tweaking to get them perfect.

Thanks
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by DT Vending »

Yes i pre warned all my sites before hand, The reaction was mixed but 78% were fine about the change 18% have their concerns whilst the remaining didn't want the change so took these out and re sited. I know of another operator near Blackpool who is also charging £2.00 for pringles in their towers. I am in talks with Liam to increase the quantity of sweets per pot When i change over to £2 on the sweets, The extra profit will also allow me to vend the higher priced lines that I have dropped off due to the high prices of these. like i mentioned in my first post I have changed all of my pringle coin carriers, I have my tomy mechs due in 6 weeks and will be changing the sweet towers after all the toys have been completed. I have a few mechs on route to me from my supplier for sweet towers and will report back on this post as to how well these perform under test.
nivending

Post by nivending »

Yes I spoke to Liam the other day and we too agreed there needs to be full pots and additional lines to give value for the £2.

Spoke to my best site today and he’s fine with it. He’s having to give a 10% rise to his staff so we are all in the same boat.

Any thoughts on new toys for £2? Flashing monsters at £2 is a bit steep!!

Look forward to your updates. I will do the same.

Thanks
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

DT Vending wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 7:37 pm You can change the coin carrier just like we did a few years ago for the new £ coins ! I have done this successfully, I advised all my sites and gave them plenty of notice, Yes sales are slightly down BUT Im making more money which is what this industry is all about.
Pringles changed first, toy mechs are on route to me to be followed by sweets.
I thought all £2 mechs had a a slot on each side so both pound coins are inserted then the handle is turned, that requires a new front plate on the mech also and once you've paid for that and the carrier you may as well buy a new mech. Is there another type that just requires a coin carrier change?
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by DT Vending »

I have yet to find a mech that vends this way for the pringle / M81 towers, The samples i have received do not work.
Clenport have the coin carriers that you insert 2 x £1.00 coins in the same slot, You insert the first then turn the mech until it stops then insert the other and turn to vend the product out.
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

DT Vending wrote: March 5th, 2023, 9:14 pm I have yet to find a mech that vends this way for the pringle / M81 towers, The samples i have received do not work.
Clenport have the coin carriers that you insert 2 x £1.00 coins in the same slot, You insert the first then turn the mech until it stops then insert the other and turn to vend the product out.
Can I just clarify; you mean the 'two slots in the front plate' type you've tried don't work on Pringles/M81 towers but the £2 coin carriers from Clenport that that can be put into a standard mech work ok?