Starting up

Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
Scotsvending
Referred by?: Google

Re: Starting up

Post by Scotsvending »

Haha if i could afford to not take a wage for 45 years i wouldn't be starting :lol:

I currently work only half the year 3 weeks away 3 weeks at home. So have the time to get set up properly. Could get my bro inlaw to help out when im away if needed.

Also where do people get their tubs/seeets/toys from.

Also due to covid whats peoples thoughts on contactless payment d
For machines if thats even a thing?
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

Most people get their sweets from tubz vending or EG Sweets (Liam) or pot their own. There's a few more options for toys, I generally use Toyvend as they've got a pretty good range and prices.
There may be some concerns about using coins at the moment due to Covid but hopefully that will subside if the virus continues to reduce. Towers with contactless units are expensive and a lot of sales are based on 'pester power' ie kids saying "daddy, daddy can I have a pound for some sweets?" so you can imagine "daddy, daddy, can I have your debit card?" probably won't work quite so well although I don't doubt contactless works well in some high volume sites
Bert
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: search

Post by Bert »

I bought a franchise from a well know operator just a few months before C-19 struck.

The only upside to it, is that it gets you set up quickly. Although they have yet to get all my locations sorted, which is a small blessing at this point, as once they have a site arranged for you. They only give a month’s window for the site to change their minds. If they do so within that time frame they will find you another site, otherwise you’re on your own.

The sites they found for me so far are ok for the most part. Sadly out of the four sites I have managed to get back into I’ve already lost what was preforming as my best site due to C-19 with another one humming & harring, the rest are still closed. I don’t realistically see the claims made by the franchises marketing about your returns being reached in a year or maybe even two as accurate, unless they were to find you some top tier sites. But I bought in knowing that, my plan was simply to use it as a learning curve & hopefully a stepping stone & expand from it as time went on, they’re still happy to sell you their products regardless.

If you’re just starting out & have the spare cash it could be worth investing in a small package to dip your toe & get to grips with what will be involved, but be prepared to write that money off for some time especially at the moment. Just remember the old saying “never bet more than you can afford to lose!”

If you have three weeks out of every six to burn it might be worth printing some flyers having a drive around & canvasing your local area in the coming months to see if you can drum up some local sites or some interest in having a tower in the future. You could always buy the towers new individually & site them yourself, or even just sell any sites you find on here if you decide it’s not for you. There are quite a few second hand towers floating about but some can be in a pretty tatty state, I would certainly just buy new in the future, but that is a personal choice.

Anyway good luck & let us know how you get on.