Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Google

Which machine would you put in here???

Post by newmark »

Hi guys,

I have a small pub who is willing to try another machine - I already have a sweet tower and Pringles there.

They have said they do not want a bouncy ball machine, as they do food and dont want balls bouncing onto peoples plates.

It is only a fairly small pub, but it is family friendly. I dont know much about toy machines, so looking for any advice really. I was thinking maybe something like a F2, with 20p one side and £1 the other? Also, I was wondering about a tattoo machine?

ANy suggestions appreciated - the pub are up to try anything, so want to go in with something good :)

They would even be up for a grabber/crane, but I cant find any compact cranes for sale at the moment (used).

Cheers, Mark.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Which machine would you put in here???

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Would say grabber is good idea, ask ian @ instance automatics regarding a small machine (dont forget to mention the coin op forum!!!)
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by newmark »

Hi Matt,

Good suggestion, but unfortunately I think that would be a bit too expensive at the moment - I saw a really compact looking crane at a Hungry Horse a while ago, and when I "googled" it took me to Instance Automatics. They have just what I need, but they are about £1500 inc VAT. Thats not bad if you have an ideal site, but I was hoping for something a little cheaper to "test the water".

Annoyingly I've already had a couple of cranes at home which would have been perfect, but I sold them for about £250 each a few months ago :( I had them just for a home games room for my kids to play, before I started getting interested in vending! I wish I had held on to them now!

I think I'll go with a F2 to start with, as they look fairly cheap and reliable, and with the choice of 20p/£1 it will give a little choice too.

Will report back how I get on, and if anyone has any other ideas feel free to let me know :)

Cheers, Mark
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

F2 are OK Mark. But do you really want 20p sales.

If Im out with my kids and they want something they would always be steered towards the cheaper option. IMO a 20p vend will Rob you of £. It may even rob you of a £ that you would have had in your sweet tower.

You could put both sides at £1. Or alternatively get a Tomy or Discapa.

Andy
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Ian has used machines as well , worth asking I have bought a cheap crane from him previously .
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

I always like getting 20p toy machines in pubs, as I always think why get £1 from a customer when you might get £1.20 or £1.40?

I think your idea for a mix of 20p and £1 toys sounds sensible to me, that way you cover all bases and all budgets. :thumbup:
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by newmark »

Thanks guys, all of the oppinions make sense and I appreciate your feedback!

I think the landlord would prefer at least one 20p option, at least to start with, so I think I'll go 20p and £1, and will look to convert the 20p site to 50p when the time is right :)

Thanks again, Mark.