Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Advice on Toy Vending Machines/Sites

Post by JustCraig »

I currently only really operate Towers however I am thinking of expanding my range slightly – The idea is to approach local chip shops, cafes and corner shops etc. and offer them a simple 20p bouncy ball vending machine.

I have had a wonder round my local area and have about 50 local (ish) businesses in mind however one thing they all have in common is lack of space (I want to put these inside the venue rather than out)

The idea is to buy 10 Southern Beaver Vending Machines:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Southern-Beav ... 416d6339b5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and 10 stands (I have seen these advertised from Midland vending for £35 plus VAT each)

and fill them with 2-3 pence bouncy balls on a 20p vend.

After speaking to both sellers, it looks like the cost is going to be around £95 per machine (filled) including stand – so £950 in total for 10 - I am fairly confident I can find at least 10 sites although don'e plan on purchesing them until I have at least some confirmed.

Does this sound like a good idea? Or am I just throwing my money away?

I did consider larger machines, however as I say space is a premium and it is important that they all sell the same line (I don’t want to be buying different stock for each machine)

My concern is 20p isn't a lot of money and it would take ages to make any sort of return BUT I do think 20p is almost "throw away money" and most parents would see it as a cheap treat - I did think about adding another "head" and having a £1 vend on there as well but that would cost another £500 plus stock.

Any other recommendations/ideas?

I am keen to expand and would be looking for at least 5-10 machines to start off with and this seems like the cheapest/low risk option but it is something I have no experience in.
Centurion
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Essex
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles, Condom, Blue Pill, Novelty
Referred by?: Phil Holindale

Re: Advice on Toy Vending Machines/Sites

Post by Centurion »

JustCraig wrote:I currently only really operate Towers however I am thinking of expanding my range slightly – The idea is to approach local chip shops, cafes and corner shops etc. and offer them a simple 20p bouncy ball vending machine.

I have had a wonder round my local area and have about 50 local (ish) businesses in mind however one thing they all have in common is lack of space (I want to put these inside the venue rather than out)

The idea is to buy 10 Southern Beaver Vending Machines:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Southern-Beav ... 416d6339b5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and 10 stands (I have seen these advertised from Midland vending for £35 plus VAT each)

and fill them with 2-3 pence bouncy balls on a 20p vend.

After speaking to both sellers, it looks like the cost is going to be around £95 per machine (filled) including stand – so £950 in total for 10 - I am fairly confident I can find at least 10 sites although don'e plan on purchesing them until I have at least some confirmed.

Does this sound like a good idea? Or am I just throwing my money away?

I did consider larger machines, however as I say space is a premium and it is important that they all sell the same line (I don’t want to be buying different stock for each machine)

My concern is 20p isn't a lot of money and it would take ages to make any sort of return BUT I do think 20p is almost "throw away money" and most parents would see it as a cheap treat - I did think about adding another "head" and having a £1 vend on there as well but that would cost another £500 plus stock.

Any other recommendations/ideas?

I am keen to expand and would be looking for at least 5-10 machines to start off with and this seems like the cheapest/low risk option but it is something I have no experience in.
Hey Craig. No point in vending Minstrels at 20p, you wont make any profit, go straight to 50p. Just ajust the cut to give them max vend. Thats what we did in lots of our sites, yes sales did drop slightly but at least you make a profit! Do the same with bouncy balls, buy the deluxe ones. Regards Al.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

And be carefull bouncy balls in chips shops could be problem ? ?
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JustCraig »

Coin Operated Group wrote:And be carefull bouncy balls in chips shops could be problem ? ?
Hmmm - never thought about it like that....
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JustCraig »

Coin Operated Group wrote:And be carefull bouncy balls in chips shops could be problem ? ?
Hmmm - never thought about it like that....
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

one battered bouncy ball & chips please :lol:
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Ferry Vending
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Central Scotland
Machines Used: Toy/sweet vendors, rides, amusements, cranes
Referred by?: Ebay

Post by Ferry Vending »

Hi

I have similar sites and I use four head beavers on a stand . Takes up very little space . Usually have 20p bouncy balls and another three toy capsules which I rotate as demand changes . Think the kids would soon get bored with only one product on offer all the time ie just bouncy balls . The demand goes in cycles as the kids seem to take a fancy to a certain toy for a while then it slows down hence the need to change product every so often . You can do well with these kind of sites .
Fair comment about fried bouncy balls though , some sites dont like the possible hassle with the thought of kids throwing them in the shop . But if you have other capsules then your fine . Good luck .

Regards

Steve
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Put a snack vending machine in as well and then they can do deep fried mars bars too! :50:
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

I have four of these that take bouncy balls/ 27mm capsules and one that takes sweets. Look better than a beaver, twice the capacity of a beaver, stand built in!
Mine are like roman columns and better than those pictured.
Only £50 each or do deal for £200 if you take the five!!

http://www.selectivending.co.za/prod.asp

I have five machines!
The sweet one has two compartments so has two 20p mechs
Three are missing the top locks but toyvend sell these for around £6 each.
They are all working order but need a wipe as been in take aways.
The out of order sign is because a bent 20p was jammed in the mech.
All five machines are in good working order, they just need a wash!

Price is £200 (no VAT)
they will all go on a pallet which is £40 + VAT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by FlintVending on November 27th, 2012, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

I have pin ball machines in chip shops no problem. As said before you need more than a single 20p head. 50p/20p is a good combination in a single machine.