Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
rockhopper
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: browsing the web

Sites to avoid

Post by rockhopper »

Hi all,

I have got a few towers that I am going to site, I have a fair idea where I am going to try and put them, but I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me what type of sites to avoid. Might as well learn by other peoples mistake as well as the ones I am bound to make myself!
Cheers
Gus
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Sites to avoid

Post by Coin Operated Group »

small hairdressers & staff rooms
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Post by JustCraig »

Yeah staff rooms I would deffo agree with - I did put one in the building where I work (I do nights however so most staff didn't even realise it was mine) - did about £8 in the first month and £6 in the 2nd. I only leave it there because I am in the building 4 times a week anyway.

I also have one in the local hospital radio station - Earns about the same - Complete waste of time.

I do have a couple of barber shops which do okay but not great - Better than having a machine sat in the garage but not better than pub/club sites etc although having said that I do have a poor preforming pub that averages less than £20 a month.

At the end of the day, the whole "leave it in for a few weeks and if your not happy we will remove it" line that most use to get the machine in the venue is a 2 way thing - if its crap and you have other sites waiting then just remove it.

Persionally, I don't mind a few low earning machines as long as they are close by to each other or near by a high earner - I wouldn't want to travel to empty/refil but if it's on my round I would rather have the site earning £20-30 a month than not have the site at all.
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

if you're doing your own site finding then don't rule out staff rooms... 80% of the time they are crap, but with the right kind of people working there (and enough of them) you can make good money. If you are finding sites yourself and have machines spare then stick them in a few staff rooms for the honeymoon sales. You can easily pick up £60p/m in the right places and then move them as soon as sales start to fall off.
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Merseyside, Warrington
Machines Used: Bulk, Toys, Towers other non elec stuff

Post by popp665 »

Im prepared to give any site a whirl, as even if it only sells one a week its one more than it will sell sat in my garage, ive even got one in a cash convertors shop! Sells about 3 a week, but i just leave it a couple of months before emptying.

Sometimes it can surprise you how well a site can do, I now operate my towers at full capacity at all times (no spare machines but have a few I strip for spares) if one breaks or gets stolen I pull the one out of the lowest performing site (cash convertors is next for the chop) and then replace the tower and find a new site for it.

Ive only ever pulled one tower out of choice and that was a car garage (fiat) that sold a grand total of zero in a month!
Atari2600
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: google

Post by Atari2600 »

Anybody have any success in hairdressers ? . I have a local one that can do a lot of kids in a week , but ive only limited towers at the minute . Just wondrring if its worth giving it a whirl
sadler2886
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: wv,dy,ws
Machines Used: tower
Referred by?: internet

Post by sadler2886 »

Atari2600 wrote:Anybody have any success in hairdressers ? . I have a local one that can do a lot of kids in a week , but ive only limited towers at the minute . Just wondrring if its worth giving it a whirl

defo worth a try if it gets lots of kids in.

rich
Logan
Area Covered: Walsall and surrounding area
Machines Used: all toy, sweet and towers
Referred by?: search engine (yahoo)

Post by Logan »

I have two double header sweet machines in two different hairdressers and they do ok.
Not sure how towers would do but its definately worth a try especially if you have another
machine nearby you have to service anyway I work on a 25 / 50 / 25 basis
25% machines are gonna be low earners
50% good earners
25% above average
If the 25% doing low are sited on their own away from any other machines I recite them
because its not worth the petrol costs
Atari2600
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: google

Post by Atari2600 »

cheers guys , i just need the machines now to get them sited , i have more sites looking machines than i have .
posted an ad in sale section , and keeping an eye on FeeBay
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Post by JustCraig »

part-time-operator wrote:if you're doing your own site finding then don't rule out staff rooms... 80% of the time they are crap, but with the right kind of people working there (and enough of them) you can make good money. If you are finding sites yourself and have machines spare then stick them in a few staff rooms for the honeymoon sales. You can easily pick up £60p/m in the right places and then move them as soon as sales start to fall off.
That is a good way to look at it I guess.