Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
Pimpinpara
Area Covered: Essex
Machines Used: Towers
Referred by?: Google

tower control

Post by Pimpinpara »

HI,

does anyone know were i can get a spread sheet for keeping a track on my tower profit,stock etc. i have started to add more towers and its starting to get harder and harder to keep a track of everything, any advice would help?
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Re: tower control

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi,
Are you familiar with Microsoft Excel, or a complete novice. Profit and loss is easy, but stock control is more tricky.

Thanks,

Paul
Pimpinpara
Area Covered: Essex
Machines Used: Towers

Post by Pimpinpara »

I'm familiar on a basic level, not really able to do formulas and set my own one up
Rossi fan

Post by Rossi fan »

Pimpinpara wrote:I'm familiar on a basic level, not really able to do formulas and set my own one up

I operate a basic Excel sheet, which logs your purchases; sales; bank account status; mileage amounts etc on a monthly basis. It also adds it all up into an annual sheet automatically. You do need some basic knowledge such as paste link experience to be able to work it efficiently. Basically, each month you need to paste link your totals to the annual sheet and everything works automatically. It works out your overall profit before your mileage allowance has been taken and your actual taxable profit, which your accountant will use.

Thanks,

Paul
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester

Post by JustCraig »

If you are not confident with Exel, post a job up on a freelancing site such as Fiverr.com or Elance with your requirements and I am sure someone will knock one up for you that is taylored to your needs for a few quid.

I use these sites all the time for projects that I either can't be bothered doing or I don't have the skills for.
Rossi fan

Post by Rossi fan »

JustCraig wrote:If you are not confident with Exel, post a job up on a freelancing site such as Fiverr.com or Elance with your requirements and I am sure someone will knock one up for you that is taylored to your needs for a few quid.

I use these sites all the time for projects that I either can't be bothered doing or I don't have the skills for.

That is fine, but when it goes wrong, you will need to know how to fix it.

Paul
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

JustCraig wrote:If you are not confident with Exel, post a job up on a freelancing site such as Fiverr.com or Elance with your requirements and I am sure someone will knock one up for you that is taylored to your needs for a few quid.

tell me more? what type of work do they do?? 8-)
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JustCraig »

Rossi fan wrote:

That is fine, but when it goes wrong, you will need to know how to fix it.

Paul
That is true but I tend to find for the most part, once you are using it on a day to day basis, you will learn how to fix basic errors yourself - It is only a spreadsheet at the end of the day and as long as all the formulas are done correctly, the inputting should be easy enough.

Just a sugestion.
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JustCraig »

Coin Operated Group wrote:

tell me more? what type of work do they do?? 8-)
Pretty much whatever you want them to do - basic web coding/design - Logo/flyer design - writing/artwork/drafting legal contracts/translation - whatever you can think of. Most of it is remote work (i.e. people working from home) so prices are reasonable.

In the last 12 months alone I have used them for creating an adwords campaign for video games website I used to own. Installing Google Base (so that my products would show up in Google shopping search results) on the site, A logo (although to be fair I never used it) creating a cartoon for a blog I ran, translaiting my eBay listings from English to German (because I used to sell video games and the German market is larger and pays 20% more than the UK market) - Installing a subscription progreme (so I could charge monthly subscriptions on another site) - Alsorts of little bits and bobs.

Also I have just this evening contacted a freelancer about developing an Android App for Police Officers on the beat (detailing mainly points to prove) which I am developing with a friend of mine (who is obviously a Police Officer)

Prices vary and obviously the job will determin the price but if you can't do it yourself then its a cheap option.

People Per Hour/eLance and for small jobs Fiverr are the best - Persionally I have only ever used PPH.

Are you looking for anything spasific?
Last edited by JustCraig on November 22nd, 2012, 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JustCraig »

Duplicate post