Attempt to compromise tower

Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
Vending61
Referred by?: Google

Attempt to compromise tower

Post by Vending61 »

I put a tower in a pub a fortnight ago today I went to fill it and it had made 67 vends happy so far, then I could not get the lock off of the coin box the slot bit in the middle was not in line with either of the gaps, the money or at least I hope it's money is in there as I can hear it. I tried as much as I could to get it open to no avail and it is not the type of pub I want to spend too much time in so I filled the machine and left. I will go back tomorrow with a spare machine and take this home to work on is have two questions which I would be grateful for help on;

1 is it likely that someone has and a go at this machine and if this is the case should I leave it there or just remove it ?

2 if the line gaps don't line up how can I get the cash out

Many thanks
sadler2886
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: wv,dy,ws
Machines Used: tower
Referred by?: internet

Re: Attempt to compromise tower

Post by sadler2886 »

Try sawing or filing the nib off the key then you should be able to get the key in the lock to line it up.

Regards
Rich
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Might just be a dodgy lock, I have had a couple do that to be fair, although lids not cash locks. Do as Rich says, if that doesnt work saw off the lock and replace it, I wouldnt be looking at removing the machine, sounds like a good site!
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

sounds like dodgy lock to me as well. If it doesnt work get a small hack saw and saw in between the lock and the backplate (you might scratch up the backplate a bit) but will be in within 2 to 3 minutes.
Vending61
Referred by?: Google

Post by Vending61 »

Well a nice locksmith took the nib off of my key I got the lock out and the cash box had not been opened and the machine had taken another 20 bends in 24 hours. There was no scratches around the lock so I am guesing that I was just being paranoid :D
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Post by choice vending »

Vending61 wrote:Well a nice locksmith took the nib off of my key I got the lock out and the cash box had not been opened and the machine had taken another 20 bends in 24 hours. There was no scratches around the lock so I am guesing that I was just being paranoid :D

BE VERY CAREFUL if you have taken the outside nib of your key and continue to use it you will wreck all your locks. If you take the key out when the slots are not lined up all the pins will drop out rendering the lock useless.

We have a set of keys labled bail out keys which are used only when the lock is out of alinment. We use the bail out keys with no nibs on the straighten the lock up before swiching the the normal keys with the nib on.
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

choice vending wrote:
Vending61 wrote:Well a nice locksmith took the nib off of my key I got the lock out and the cash box had not been opened and the machine had taken another 20 bends in 24 hours. There was no scratches around the lock so I am guesing that I was just being paranoid :D

BE VERY CAREFUL if you have taken the outside nib of your key and continue to use it you will wreck all your locks. If you take the key out when the slots are not lined up all the pins will drop out rendering the lock useless.

We have a set of keys labled bail out keys which are used only when the lock is out of alinment. We use the bail out keys with no nibs on the straighten the lock up before swiching the the normal keys with the nib on.

Brian is right...but I had to break a lock first to discover that :thumbdown:
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

This occurrs now and then. It is not likely that someone is tampering, it is the ball barings inside the lock that suddenly throw the inner segment out when the key is withdrawn. As Brian does, I have a spare set for this, but only use when needed.

Paul
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

seems to happen with chinese locks but not clenports in my experience
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi Glen,

I agree. Clenporte locks are more robust.

Paul