Clenport M-81 lid problems

Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

I recently bought some new towers from Clenport and have started having problems with some of the lids. I noticed that on some of the machines the 'locking arm' does not seem to grip the black rubber retainer properly and it is possible to turn the lid until the locking arm reaches the 'open' position and then lift the lid off without even using the key.

On older Clenports I have the whole machine turns if I try to turn the lid or the rubber retainer turns with the lid, either way the locking arm stays in the 'locked' position and there is no problem. I have sorted the problem on a couple of machines by simply manually bending the locking arm a little so it grips the rubber retainer better, this is not really a solution though as both machines are now more difficult to lock and unlock because the locking arm is now too tight in the retainer.

I have also noticed the new machines have a plastic 'scoop' or barrel (the thing the pot drops into) and the older machines have a metal one.

Any suggestions or solutions are greatly appreciated.
Eatsweets
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Hertfordshire and essex
Machines Used: Tower vending
Referred by?: Phil hollingdale

Re: Clenport M-81 lid problems

Post by Eatsweets »

Are the towers brand new? Sounds like you have the Chinese black part with a clemporte lid, or vice versa. Although the black parts look similar when you put them side by side there is a slight difference.

Regards
Rob
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi,

I agree with Rob. The Clenportes work in a slightly different way than the Chinese ones. The lock has straight sides, just below the lid and the black ring, if the correct size, will act as a lock when you place the lid on. If the black ring is from a chines machine, your lid will spin off.

Cheers,

Paul
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Quinch »

The machines are definitely brand new Clenports, I ordered them direct from Clenport in Portugal. They look exactly the same as previous M-81's I have bought before from Hurley's, except the barrel/scoop is now plastic.

This is why I am a bit mystified as to why the lid locks on some don't seem to 'bite' or grip the black ring/retainer thing properly. If you have Clenports can you answer me this: if you try to turn the lid does it turn the whole tower? or does it turn independently and move the black ring as it turns (keeping it locked)?
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

Check to see you have a metal or plastic washer BETWEEN the top segment and the plastic locking part,
I had some clenports where this was missing and they were doing exactly what you describe!

the lid should turn and the locking part should turn with it. The washer Separates the locking part from the top segment so it does NOT turn the segments as well!
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

I have bought some new Clenports recently (jan 12), no problem with lids. They also have metal barrels. I have a few M108s, these have plastic barrels. I hope that Clenport are not taking a backward step, plastic barrels won't be as durable as metal.
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Quinch »

Thankyou to everyone that has taken the time to reply to my post, I greatly appreciate all help and suggestions.

I bought the machines in March and they all have a black plastic washer on top of the segments and then a metal nut holding the retainer/ring to the central pole, The new machines have exactly the same parts and everything looks the same (except the barrel) as the older machines I have. I can only assume the change from a metal barrel to a plastic one is to reduce production costs, I am a little disappointed but I can't honestly say it has affected the way the machines operate.

I have contacted Clenport and they acknowledged there is a problem with the lids and are sending me out some new 'cylinders' and an instruction DVD to fit them. Hopefully I will be able to fix the problem.

Quinch
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

It's dissapointing to hear a admission from Clenport that their new machines are having problems. A backward step.

Pete
mic79
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: google

Post by mic79 »

I just got some m81 machines black/red/chrome. The chrome lids are the ones causing me problems.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339181722.725183.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339181741.248533.jpg
If I keep spinning the lid it comes off without unlocking it.
The chrome lid doesn't have a little plastic notch that keeps the lock inline. The black & red ones do have the notch and have no problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Cornwall
Machines Used: bulk vender

Post by Jon123 »

PGBrew wrote:I have bought some new Clenports recently (jan 12), no problem with lids. They also have metal barrels. I have a few M108s, these have plastic barrels. I hope that Clenport are not taking a backward step, plastic barrels won't be as durable as metal.
Hi Pete,
How are M108's doing for you? I am thinking about getting some. Are the taller like the M84 pringles or are there more column's!

Cheers
Jonny