Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: B & Q Sites

Post by Style »

I went to one of my B & Q' s today. Its one where a competitor who I recently bought out had sited a tower next to mine. I told the customer service desk I was going to remove one tower as it seemed pointless me filling two. The lady really didnt want me to take it away. Good news, its a great site!!!!
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

Got kicked out of one of my B&Qs today :-(

Not the good one :-)
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Post by Central2vend »

Does this mean all b&q sites will be lost as nobody seem to be giving any info on this
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

Head office have sent a memo out to all stores asking them to be removed. If you are still in there (and I have 1) I guess that means the branch has a rubbish manager who doesnt read the emails properly.

Andy
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

As Andy has said, if you have not been asked to remove then don't, but don't be surprised if you are asked to remove at a later stage.

I am aware that some branches have complained to Head Office where more than one tower is on site and the problem has arisen where there has been a single tower on site then another turns up, then a Pringles tower has turned up from different operators. This has resulted in the original operator questioning why there are duplicate machines on site and the Managers don't have a clue why! Due to this happening many times throughout the UK Head Office have requested that all are removed.

Operators should learn from this, sites like B & Q are gold dust and poaching/doubling up will result in everyone losing out eventually. This goes for any other location too. I don't blame the suppliers, I blame the operators who put them there. For those for whom I do sites for, they know I have a policy of not placing a tower into a site if there is one already there and I will replace it.

Barbara