Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Google

Tomy double vending - any advice?

Post by newmark »

Hi all,

Has anyone had this problem before........ I have a couple of Tomy toy vendors where they are fairly regularly vending 2 capsules instead of 1. This happens approximately once every 3 or 4 vends, so it is not a one off

Anything 50-55mm and above is fine!

Small capsules, 45-50mm (such as Super Sticky Animals, etc) let 2 slip through fairly often.

I've tried the obvious things - the wheel is set to vend smaller capsules, and it is aligned properly as per manual (with handle horizontal, the hole in the wheel matches up with the drop hole).

I don't think there is anything else to adjust! I called Toyvend in case the capsules were unusually small, but they explained the 45x50mm caps are a standard size and should vend fine!

The only other thing I can think of is trying to increase the tension on the long spring so it does not push out the way so easily - possibly by making it a bit shorter, and therefore tighter?

Before I do anything though, I wanted to check on here in case there is something obvious I'm missing :)

Any advice would be much appreciated, as I'm a bit limited to what I can vend at the moment as most of the caps I bought recently were 45x50mm.

Many thanks, Mark
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Re: Tomy double vending - any advice?

Post by Central2vend »

I had the same problem with a tomy, the only solution I could find was to only vend 69mmm capsules.
Sorry not much help
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by newmark »

Hi, thanks for that - I do see what you mean, and at the moment I've just put larger capsules in it. In future, I think I will stick to the larger capsules too.

Or, I could just use the lower price capsules so it doesn't matter if two come through?

I might try and adjust the spring to make it tighter to see if that improves anything and report back!

Cheers, Mark
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Have you tried turning the spring up the other way. Depending on how it is now it can get you a mm or 2 which could make a difference.
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by newmark »

Hi Andy, I did notice that the spring could be put in a different way, but I left it in the lower "down" position, as that was how they were on my other machine and I assumed they wold be correct. I'll give it a try though and see if that helps.

Cheers, Mark
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

The lower position should work best. If its giving out two in that position I would guess the spring is just too slack, so worn. Tomy don't make them anymore but you can get 2nd hand spare parts from Rockvend. (but obviously a 2nd hand one could be worn as well)
Cannyvending
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: North East
Machines Used: Washroom, fuzzybrush
Referred by?: google

Post by Cannyvending »

The spring that covers the hole could be slack causing the smaller capsules to go through. Rock end sell them.
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by newmark »

Thanks guys, this is now resolved........... I didnt realise that there were two positions the spring could be in (to the right for large capsules, and to the left for smaller ones). Strangely that is not mentioned at all in the manual!

Thanks everyone for their help, cheers, Mark.