Stripping a tower

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Stripping a tower

Post by Quinch »

I'm sure someone must have explained how to do this before but I did a few searches in this section and 'Bulk, Tower and Toy Vendors' but couldn't find a thread with a full explanation. Apologies if there is one but I couldn't find it.

I know the basics but I need to know how to take the body of a tower to bits so I can remove a knackered base, so far I've removed the segments and central rod. On the top of the body there are 3 screw type things which I removed and 2 small screws on the base under the toboggan/chute which I took out but nothing seems to want to come apart so now what?
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: Stripping a tower

Post by Style »

Depending on the type and age of machine you may find some butterfly nuts inside the base.
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

run a stanley knife round middle of base where seam is, if its got stickers on it like tubz vending ones thats all thats holding it together

Ade
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Merseyside, Warrington
Machines Used: Bulk, Toys, Towers other non elec stuff

Post by popp665 »

There is a video on the tubz vending website which shows you how to strip a tower......
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

popp665 wrote:There is a video on the tubz vending vending website which shows you how to strip a tower......
Thanks for that.

The tubz vending video shows how to strip one of their machines, Clenport towers are slightly different but they are similar enough to mostly follow the video with a couple of changes. After watching the video I stripped a Clenport down last night and it was pretty straightforward.