Sweet tower problems

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
Eatsweets
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Hertfordshire and essex
Machines Used: Tower vending
Referred by?: Phil hollingdale

Sweet tower problems

Post by Eatsweets »

Sorry to be a pain again guys, I have been having problems with a batch of Chinese towers.

I am finding randomly that when a pot vends the one above falls in and then the barrel can't complete the cycle. I have checked the alignment of the machines and they are fine?

I need to site the machines so hoping it is something simple.

Regards
Rob
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Sweet tower problems

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Has the drum split?
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Eatsweets
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Eatsweets »

No don't think so I stripped a couple down and they looked ok from what I could see.
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

Check if the drums are off circular, ie a tiny bit oblong. This can happen quite easily in the manufacturing. it is curable but more often than not they break when you try to set them.
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

are they new? if not when you say you have checked the alignment what have you done? have you checked the plastic ring isnt worn?

Ade
Eatsweets
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Eatsweets »

They have all been on site at one point or another, by alignment I meant all plastic rings line up and are in the centre position.
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi,

I would strip the machine down.

1. Once you have all the segments off, remove the black ring and spring. If they have been used before, there may be some clogging on the dimples under the black ring, so clean both ring and tower wher the ring sits. Before replacing the ring, put a small amount of grease on the underside of the ring and replace.

2. Check the barrel by rotainig it with mech in. Are there any breaks/ cracks, especially in the thin part, where the product falls in, when the mech is vended. If yes, you may need to change the barrel. If barrel sound, bring it to the top ( thin part visible) and apply grease underneath the small lip. Rotate the barrel a few times to spread the grease out. Clean any of areas where the product will hit.

3. When the mech is in, check to see if there is any upward play in the mech. If it does move up, the barrel will rise a little also. If this is the case re- assemble machine, remembering to slot the segments onto the black ring using the centre locater on the product ring. Hold the mech up, taking out the play and vend a few products. If it vends ok, then drop the mech down and try again. If it fails, you need to raise the mech. See a recent post made by Gavin Borthwick about this fix, using a little plate on the front to lift the mech and keep the barrel level.

4 Also, when the tub vends, chack where the product above lies when it has fallen. It should sit touching the edge of the tub on the LHS. If it does not, that could be the reason for the barrel not lifting the second pot out of the way.

I hope this is helpful,

Thanks,

Paul
Ade
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

Rossi fan wrote:Hi,

1. Once you have all the segments off, remove the black ring and spring. If they have been used before, there may be some clogging on the dimples under the black ring, so clean both ring and tower wher the ring sits. Before replacing the ring, put a small amount of grease on the underside of the ring and replace.

2. Check the barrel by rotainig it with mech in. Are there any breaks/ cracks, especially in the thin part, where the product falls in, when the mech is vended. If yes, you may need to change the barrel. If barrel sound, bring it to the top ( thin part visible) and apply grease underneath the small lip. Rotate the barrel a few times to spread the grease out. Clean any of areas where the product will hit.

3. When the mech is in, check to see if there is any upward play in the mech. If it does move up, the barrel will rise a little also. If this is the case re- assemble machine, remembering to slot the segments onto the black ring using the centre locater on the product ring. Hold the mech up, taking out the play and vend a few products. If it vends ok, then drop the mech down and try again. If it fails, you need to raise the mech. See a recent post made by Gavin Borthwick about this fix, using a little plate on the front to lift the mech and keep the barrel level.

4 Also, when the tub vends, chack where the product above lies when it has fallen. It should sit touching the edge of the tub on the LHS. If it does not, that could be the reason for the barrel not lifting the second pot out of the way.

I hope this is helpful,

Thanks,

Paul

All good advice apart from i dont recommend greasing the ring, it can cause excessive play, also check theres no excess plastic on bottom of tubs underneath, not necessary if your using tubz vending though.

Ade
dorsetvending
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Yes have a search of my posts I think I posted a pic of the plate

Regards

Gavin Borthwick
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Ade wrote:
Rossi fan wrote:Hi,

I hope this is helpful,

Thanks,

Paul

All good advice apart from i dont recommend greasing the ring, it can cause excessive play, also check theres no excess plastic on bottom of tubs underneath, not necessary if your using tubz vending though.

Ade

Hi Ade,
I dont understand how it can result in excessive play. Plus, all the new Clenporte towers I have had, have grease on the ring from new.

Thanks,

Paul