Public Liability insurance for bulk vending - RB16

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
zootsuit81
Referred by?: google

Public Liability insurance for bulk vending - RB16

Post by zootsuit81 »

Hi There

Im new to this forum so hello to everyone! For a while I've been considering trying out bulk vending and have got hold of a cheap Beaver RB16 dispenser. I am planning to just start with this machine and add more machines with any profit I make, I figure its a relatively risk free introduction to vending compared to buying a route etc. But I want to be sure of all the costs involved berfore I start

My question is do I need public liability insurance, and how much is it likely to cost, considering ill be starting with one machine, I dont want to pay out if I dont have to. But Im worried the machines, although small, could be knocked over by children/students etc!

Also what is the best way of securing these items? if I dont have a floor stand Im not sure how keen locations will be for me to fit a wall or couter top bracket. Even with a floor stand do they need to be fixed to the floor ?

Sorry if these have already been answered elsewhere in the forum, I couldnt find the info!

Thanks!

Peter L
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Re: Public Liability insurance for bulk vending - RB16

Post by Snackmore »

Welcome and yes you do need PLI its a must and will cost around £85 a year with most brokers Simply Business are a good start and lots of us are insured with them on here. If the beaver is on a heavy metal stand it should be fine and secure, considering theft though I would chain and padlock it, obviously a wall bracket is ideal.

Good luck with your venture, there its lots of info on this site indicating best bulk sellers and where to purchase from, Hancocks apparently the best
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

zootsuit81

Post by zootsuit81 »

Hi Snackmore

Thaks for the speedy response, I will look into it!
zootsuit81

Post by zootsuit81 »

Also am I starting too small with one machine? I know its going to take a long time to turn a profit but dont want to invest too heavily, this is as a hobby for a bit of extra cash, and as a hobby. Is there a minimum I should start with, has anyone else started out with 1 or 2 machines ? Im not looking to live off the profits, maybe make a bit of extra pocket money each month!
chcvending
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Blackpool, Preston Chorley
Machines Used: Pringles , tubz vending

Post by chcvending »

zootsuit81 wrote:Also am I starting too small with one machine? I know its going to take a long time to turn a profit but dont want to invest too heavily, this is as a hobby for a bit of extra cash, and as a hobby. Is there a minimum I should start with, has anyone else started out with 1 or 2 machines ? Im not looking to live off the profits, maybe make a bit of extra pocket money each month!
Hiya and welcome :) I too am very small...(stop it i mean number of machines !!!!) Slow and steady can win the race eventually . I have just got another two sites by simply using facebook of all things.
Basically if vending is not your primary source of income then it doesnt matter how many or few machines you start with. Pringles seem to be good sellers but unless they are on offer at wholesalers the markup is not very good at all. I ordered my first lot from a supplier that uses this forum and was happy with the price and speed of delivery.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire

Post by Snackmore »

I think that you need a few machines to make it worth your while, also think about the geographic area as you have your time and transport costs getting around the sites. Added to this you need to consider best before dates on stock and if you only have one unit you may end up with waste. But as an income earner on the side why not build up slowly and get a taste for the business first (and all that goes with it) you will find lots of helpful people on here who have been there and done it and made mistakes and may save you alot of time money and heartache!
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

zootsuit81

Post by zootsuit81 »

Thanks for all the replies, ill definitley look around the forum for info. One more question- if securing the machines with wall brackets etc, how do you sell this to the site owners? Do you offer to do it yourself ? I'm looking at s
ome student union bars as potential sites, is there a secure way to attach beaver machines to counter tops without drilling etc? How happy are site owners for you to use brackets etc ?
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

zootsuit81 wrote:Thanks for all the replies, ill definitley look around the forum for info. One more question- if securing the machines with wall brackets etc, how do you sell this to the site owners? Do you offer to do it yourself ? I'm looking at s
ome student union bars as potential sites, is there a secure way to attach beaver machines to counter tops without drilling etc? How happy are site owners for you to use brackets etc ?
With student residence wall brackets are A MUST!
use long screws on a solid wall too, stud walls are a no no with bulks
Also use beaver machines as i doubt the cheaper toyvend ones would last more than a couple of months!

Nigel
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

if bulks on a stand then buy a fully rounded screw hook from wilkinsons, start a small hole in wooden beam or skirting board in venue with a screwdriver and then put screw hook in. then get a £1 bike lock from poundland and stick that on. total cost less than £2. it`ll keep it sturdy and will offer a detterent to would be thieves. because lets face it you could spend a fortune on security, but if they want it, they will take it.

Ade