How to go independent?

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Re: How to go independent?

Post by part-time-operator »

Vendingwarehouse wrote:As far as court goes for site finding, I had my solicitor look into to this a good while back. You pay the fee to a supplier to do just that...site find....They don't own the site , and neither do they have a written or verbal agreement for exclusivity of the site they find for you. Their involvement legally ends as soon as you pay them for the site and they hand you the site details. After that , they have no legal right to put you off the site. Only the owner of the site/business can do that. They can and do, muddy the water on you and cause you to loose the site, and you could legally follow them for this, but it's too expensive and not worth the hassle.

I suspected no-one would want to test this in court, even if it says so in the "franchise" agreement. I suppose to be on the safe side one would have to remove all branding.
Venderbase
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: 1
Machines Used: 1
Referred by?: 1

Post by Venderbase »

What others have done is remove the machine then replace it with a debranded one.
Technically you have removed your franchised machine from a franchised found site. Then if the site owner wants one of your debranded machines, who says they can't have one?
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Run your franchice sites and your independant sites side by side, they will co-exist quite happily. If anyone asks, you have decomissioned x no. of franchised machines.
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

Vendingwarehouse wrote:As far as court goes for site finding, I had my solicitor look into to this a good while back. You pay the fee to a supplier to do just that...site find....They don't own the site , and neither do they have a written or verbal agreement for exclusivity of the site they find for you. Their involvement legally ends as soon as you pay them for the site and they hand you the site details. After that , they have no legal right to put you off the site. Only the owner of the site/business can do that. They can and do, muddy the water on you and cause you to loose the site, and you could legally follow them for this, but it's too expensive and not worth the hassle.

well said noel :thumbup:

Ade