New £1 Coin

Vending related news
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Re: New £1 Coin

Post by part-time-operator »

yes, potentially 6 months with half the sales plus a bill for new carriers plus lost sites from the disruption it could put a lot of operators out of business !!

when cigarette vending was banned people lost a lot and zero compensation from the Government for that there'll be no help if operators lose out over the coin change. If you've got a mortgage watch out, could lose your house if you dont have enough in the bank to cover this!

Alternatively coin could work fine and there'd be a boost in sales as people get rid of old ones. It's stressful as you say Barbara we're either in the money or in big trouble!
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Let's hope the solution is that the new coin works fine, no change and they all off load their old £1 coins quickly.

I agree, it is bad that the Government gives no help or compensation to businesses when they change the coinage as it does have cost implications and as you say, people potentially can lose a lot of turnover whilst the changes are happening.

Barbara
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi,

Attached is the Government document detailing the new £1 coin, which My MP supplied. Personally, I think suppliers need to try and engage with the governemt on this, with a view to obtaining a sample coin for use, when manufacturing, altering the existing mechs. My MP states that they will not deal with individual traders.

The coin is 10 sided, so that in itself may cause issues with the carrier and the needle. It is bigger than the current coin also.

I hope this doc will help us move on to a situation where we can be confident that a solution is available ,well in advance of the new coin being introduced.

Cheers,

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Paul well done for getting this. Looks like it will not work in existing coin mechs.

It still says that the new coin will be available from Summer 2015 and we're end of September now. They say they'll only give them directly to manufacturers - anyone got one??
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

part-time-operator wrote:Paul well done for getting this. Looks like it will not work in existing coin mechs.

It still says that the new coin will be available from Summer 2015 and we're end of September now. They say they'll only give them directly to manufacturers - anyone got one??
Hi,

It would be a good idea for Clenporte to contact the Government, via Hurleys.

Paul
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

There must be many thousands of machines out there that will need new mechanisms, it will be a huge bit of business for any manufacturer/small engineering co
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

I had an email from Miguel from Clenport saying that on all new purchases, of snack towers & pringles machines after the 15th July 2015 will be provided with a free coin carrier upgrade when the new coin is in circulation. It is likely that Clenport's carriers will fit all machines. Will get prices sometime next year.

Pete
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Thats good to hear Pete
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Well done Paul for getting the document posted.

Looks like the current coin mechs won't need changing, just the coin carrier which is a big relief! The thickness of the new £1 is slightly thinner so it will fit. Looks like it will just be a coin carrier plate change which out of the two options is a lot cheaper. So now we are all waiting on the exact width which is in the region of 22.7mm and 23.5mm (current £1 coin is 22.5mm).

Barbara
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Pete,

That's great news. That might actually sway me to buy new Clenports to put in my best sites. Can you pm me when are you next planning to get some in?

Cheers