Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: H4H pulls the plug..

Post by Coin Operated Group »

I agree 100% Nigel, certain companies that see an easy opening for a quick buck, that is tubz vending all over based on my previous dealings. Such a shame a company that started out with so much potential resorts to desperate tactics.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

this is an ideal opportunity for all of you doing h4h to go independantly with your own charity, otherwise how long before this happens again with another charity? then word will get around and no charity will touch vending.

Ade
Paul@HurleysFoods
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

Hi Nigel. I hope that our long standing relationship with Childline and our 5 year rolling contract gives this charity connection far more stability. Childline are exceptionally happy with the work that we do for them and we work very closely with them in developing pos, labelling etc. we even have our own NSPCC/ Huleys flapjacks that we intend to launch into retail through their corporate partners. We have already given them over 50k, next year it really will be closer to 100k.
It's a great charity and we find it very easy to work with them, far easier than H4H believe me!
Cheers, Paul
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

send me some samples of the flapjacks please paul :thumbup:
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi Nigel,

I think the arrangement with H4H was never a good one. I have heard rumours that H4H were unhappy, because sites were constantly contacting them and it took up their time + some ops were still using the Bmy charity pages to pay the commissions. If your account about tubz vending is true, you can understand why they pulled the plug. The fact is that they just wanted free money, without any effort from their side.

I think the Childline arrangement will be much better, as Hurleys have a good solid relationship with them and have a 5 year contract. If they are receiving between 50 and 100k a year, then I think the contract will be renewed. I do however think that the tower side of things needs to be more structured, so operators can go into a site with documentation from Hurleys and Childline, confirming their participation. This will ensure that sites are not ringing Childline, due to being unsure about the arrangement and how the money is paid to the charity.

I think by doing both towers and boxes for one charity, I will have more flexibility and I wont have a Childline box operator trying to move in on my sites.

Cheers,

Paul
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

Hi Paul (rossi fan)

Ahh I didn't know Hurleys had a five year deal with Childline and I would be most surprised if that contract allowed any other sweet supplier to get involved?
It sounds like the guys at Hurleys have taken steps to ensure tubz vending cant mess this one up although I have absolutely no doubt that tubz vending will find another Charity to give 10% too so they give Hurleys a run for there money.
I don't think they would get a charity as well known as Child Line though.

Thanks for putting me in the Picture.
If you haven't already done so I suggest you speak to Brian (choice vending) on here as he runs Child line boxes along side his tower operation.

regards

Nigel
Paul@HurleysFoods
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

Yes, we're lucky tubs can't fxxxx up our Childline charity. And I'm sure too they will find a charity to link to, I guess they have to as they are their own biggest customer and don't want to fork out more than 10%......
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

has anyone thought about switching to the jelly bean campaign... i hear that raised over a million pounds :liar:
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

:2gunsfiring: :shh:
part-time-operator wrote:has anyone thought about switching to the jelly bean campaign... i hear that raised over a million pounds :liar:
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

part-time-operator wrote:has anyone thought about switching to the jelly bean campaign... i hear that raised over a million pounds :liar:
How much do Ferraris cost! :lol: