Centurion
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Essex
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles, Condom, Blue Pill, Novelty
Referred by?: Phil Holindale

H4H pulls the plug..

Post by Centurion »

Just heard today that H4H are pulling the plug on tower vending. A deal as been signed with Cadbury. I've heard H4H want all their stickers removed within thirty days. Happy days!! No more tubz vending H4H towers being plonked next to my towers..... Regards Al..
Last edited by Centurion on April 23rd, 2013, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandaanda
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: mansfield
Machines Used: tower
Referred by?: venderbase

Re: H4H pulls the plug..

Post by pandaanda »

Where did you hear that from ?

Pete
Centurion
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Essex
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles, Condom, Blue Pill, Novelty
Referred by?: Phil Holindale

Post by Centurion »

pandaanda wrote:Where did you hear that from ?

Pete
Hi Pete. pm you.. Regards Al..
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

If this is true I have no doubt the suppliers will come up with another charity to support with the same deal. I now have about 20 H4H sites as the site finders find it easier to site machines in this manner, infact they wont site find without charity.

Will be a pain in the bum having to remove stickers, I would rather support a local charity nearer to me anyway so this may be the push I need? I know that Ade has done this and it was going well, added to the truely independent bit as well. I didnt do charity vending till last April and reluctantly came on board.

Most comments I get include H 4 H are loaded and what do they spend the money on, along with how much they get per sale. As soon as I go into a site I try and convert them to direct commision as I feel they then have some ownership and responsibility and obviously getting something back. Its worth the extra 10% every time
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

Hi Steve
yep I agree entirely with your sentiments, commission going to the site is the best way forward for me too!
I find you get way too many questions when charity is involved and a good deal of suspicion from joe public to boot.
Not having a go at any operators who do charity vending especially the ones who have made the effort to find a local Charity who actually apreciate the good work you are doing for them!
Its just that you have pathetic idiots out there who demand to see the proof of the charity donation and then they admit they have never even used the machine.
I had this very senario happen today and it put me right off charity towers.
I only have a dozen or so for a local kids charity and a small minority of the pubs customers treat you like they are, petty thieves!
In Future, I will just put the 20% straight into the charity box on the bar in front of all the doubters who prop up the bar and have never done a decent days work in their lives, let alone do a good turn for a charity.
These w**kers ought to learn to mind there own Business.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

I agree Nigel I find it frustrating that they think we should work for nothing, much rather give direct to site than mess about.
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Shropvend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Wolverhampton & Shropshire
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Beavers, kiddy rides
Referred by?: tubz vending

Post by Shropvend »

If this is true, it would be interesting to find out why. I have lost a few sites this year with the comment of "this is a con" so wonder if they are getting a bad name over tower vending. Personally I hate charity machines/boxes. When I get a H4H site installed and when I go back to service the machine I always give them an option of 10% to charity and 10% to the site. Most of my H4H sites opt this way as they are getting something as well as the charity. I prefer to have all my machines on commission, it creates a good business relationship and they always ring me when machines are nearly empty. I don't get that with charity sites.

Lee.
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Quick response .....great work
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi Guys,

Well I see this as a great opportunity to work with a better charity that is solidly linked to Hurleys via their Childline honesty boxes. In fact, this change has persuaded me to start the Childline boxes also in my area. I intended doing this in 2011, but illness stopped me, so I am giving it a go, as I think having both vendors and boxes, raising money for the same charity is productive and likely to be more sustainable.

The relationship we have had with H4H has been poor at best, so I hope that this will be a step forward, resulting in greater stability. I am angered at the manner in which they ended the contract- clearly they do not care, or appreciate the hard work we have all put into this. Their loss. I will not be supporting them from now on.

Cheers,

Paul
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

Rossi fan wrote:Hi Guys,

Well I see this as a great opportunity to work with a better charity that is solidly linked to Hurleys via their Childline honesty boxes.
Hi Paul
What makes you think this charity is linked to Hurleys more solidly then H4H??
Is it not the case the tubz vending could also place towers for childline just like they did for H4H??
I have heard that the reason H4H decided to stop accepting charity donations from the Towers is tubz vending sitefinding was placing H4H towers indiscriminantly onto sites that hadn't even asked for them ??
The sites who had been lumbered with a tower they never even asked for were contacting H4H direct to voice there displeasure as they were under the impression that H4H were acting in this appaulling manner.
I guess when H4H discovered there name was being exploited by a private company in order to sell more sweets and machines it was only a matter of time really.
If this is true, it just proves once again that whenever tubz vending stick their oar in the boat veers wildly off course and ultimately runs aground!