Shropvend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Wolverhampton & Shropshire
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Beavers, kiddy rides
Referred by?: tubz vending

Re: vending revolution/snack a can stopping

Post by Shropvend »

As an ex Snack A Can, this is a shock but not really that surprised. Their core business market (small workplaces) is the same as all the honesty charity boxes out there and they cannot possibly compete with them. I have had to re site most of my ex Snack A Can sites as they now have charity boxes in there as well. Sales went down by 50%, so Vending Revolution who have a number of machines in sites must have felt the pinch. Their site finding is poor, the stock is expensive and the cans are unreliable and prone to jam frequently. They have lost a lot of operators to competition and also many have sold up and moved to pastures new. All these factors together with economic uncertainty have no doubt taken its toll on them.
Mind you they have done well out the industry he might have to give up one of his ferraris though!!!

Re Lee.
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Ross from Vendition

Post by Vend And Glow »

Hi guys, I have never run a tower business before, but to be honest i think the writing IS on the wall. The concept is good but unfortunately the price of the sweets is just getting too high.
From what i have seen and the quotes i have had the margins are seriously squeezed.

The only way the Tower concept will work in the future is a price increase. £1.25 a tub would do the trick but how many customers would pay that or even have the extra coins to pay for it?
A pound is easy,everyone has one, but the other coins?

Snack a can is the first and the other sweet suppliers will survive longer but only because they have snack a can customers.

Harsh i know but i can't see the other suppliers lasting more than a couple more years if that.

Snack a can from what i know were trying a new price for the tubs but obviously that hasn't worked.

Shoot me down if you like but i honestly think Snack a can wont be the last to go under.

A few threads on here from ages ago saying there should be a new price mark.....
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Merseyside, Warrington
Machines Used: Bulk, Toys, Towers other non elec stuff

Post by popp665 »

I disagree. Stock the right products very few branded lines and maxamise site potential and your good! At the minute my business is booming yes I lose the odd site but I bounce back
mic79
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: google

vending revolution/snack a can stopping

Post by mic79 »

I agree, with the right products and decent sites you'll do grand. Mine are doing really well too :-)
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Guys I dont know how some of you say the profits arent there? what is the average price per tub in a tower?
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
15towersforsale
Referred by?: google

Post by 15towersforsale »

Coin Operated Group wrote:Guys I dont know how some of you say the profits arent there? what is the average price per tub in a tower?
Buying from snack a can, the price in the machine (can, vat & delivery) worked out at about 50p per can.
I do (did) mainly stock the branded stuff though, but found it was worth it for the extra sales - the big name brands were always first to sell out.
Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Post by Vendition Ltd »

Matt,

The only people saying their is no money in the tower vending industry are the ones who don't even own one tower :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Think they should concentrate on their own business or whatever they are doing at present rather than what they arn't as all they are doing is guess work

Regards

Ross
mikeholness
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: STOKE/CREWE/WARRINGTON/CHESTER
Machines Used: tower and pringles
Referred by?: rob from salysol gb

Post by mikeholness »

I dont know where you get this idea that sweet tower vending will not last.

I am having my best year ever even with loosing some major sites to perform/funhouse.
I stock all branded products in many of my machines with the normal jelly sweets.
I still make 40p per pot due to self packed lines like Maoams and bouncy balls which bring overall pot prices down.

I honestley cant see a problem for at least next 5 years as long as suppliers dont go back to silly prices as of a few years ago.
If this ever happened I would look into renting a unit and self packing everything myself with 1 staff member a few days a week.

Only snag might be pots but would look into getting own made up or buying from portugal.
I have been in this business now for 5 and a half years and it is always changing.lots of ups and downs.
You just change with the times.

This years major blow at moment is minstrels stopping.
Absolutly gutted as its my top seller.
But just bought 50 boxes to last 6 months,then hopefully something will take its place.
Same happened 2 years ago with tooty fruitties but now there back on sale.

Rant over.

Mike Holness
Topvend

Vend And Glow wrote:Hi guys, I have never run a tower business before, but to be honest i think the writing IS on the wall. The concept is good but unfortunately the price of the sweets is just getting too high.
From what i have seen and the quotes i have had the margins are seriously squeezed.

The only way the Tower concept will work in the future is a price increase. £1.25 a tub would do the trick but how many customers would pay that or even have the extra coins to pay for it?

Snack a can is the first and the other sweet suppliers will survive longer but only because they have snack a can customers.

Harsh i know but i can't see the other suppliers lasting more than a couple more years if that.

Snack a can from what i know were trying a new price for the tubs but obviously that hasn't worked.

Shoot me down if you like but i honestly think Snack a can wont be the last to go under.

A few threads on here from ages ago saying there should be a new price mark.....
cranedoctor
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: none
Machines Used: all

Post by cranedoctor »

barbara & peter fellowes are the directors of the new company, Peter is also the MD of vending revolution

i can output some info if anyone needs to see it
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

mikeholness wrote:I dont know where you get this idea that sweet tower vending will not last.

I am having my best year ever even with loosing some major sites to perform/funhouse.
I stock all branded products in many of my machines with the normal jelly sweets.
I still make 40p per pot due to self packed lines like Maoams and bouncy balls which bring overall pot prices down.

I honestley cant see a problem for at least next 5 years as long as suppliers dont go back to silly prices as of a few years ago.
If this ever happened I would look into renting a unit and self packing everything myself with 1 staff member a few days a week.

Only snag might be pots but would look into getting own made up or buying from portugal.
I have been in this business now for 5 and a half years and it is always changing.lots of ups and downs.
You just change with the times.

This years major blow at moment is minstrels stopping.
Absolutly gutted as its my top seller.
But just bought 50 boxes to last 6 months,then hopefully something will take its place.
Same happened 2 years ago with tooty fruitties but now there back on sale.

Rant over.

Mike Holness
Topvend

Vend And Glow wrote:Hi guys, I have never run a tower business before, but to be honest i think the writing IS on the wall. The concept is good but unfortunately the price of the sweets is just getting too high.

Lee,

Tower profits per sale are fine. A higher vend price would effectively kill tower vending, as no one wants to pay more than 3 for a pot. Suppliers know thet their business is only solvent if the keep prices stable, so this is what I expect. Hurleys capacity will now increase significantly, keeping prices stable.

Paul