Vending related news
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Re: vending revolution/snack a can stopping

Post by FlintVending »

I am really surprised there hasnt been more posts about this as its a sizemic event for anyone whose big in Minicans!
Why do so many of the larger operators not seem to post anymore, so unfortunate??
There are lots of questions that I , for one, would love to have the answers too!

1. Have all Snack A Can franchisees suddendly become INDEPENDENT operators overnight?
Both Hurleys and tubz vending are pitching for there business so that would suggest they are free to use whoever they choose?
Ex Snack A Can operators must feel that Christmas has come early this year! :dance: :thumbup:

2.Has anyone thought about the charity trust that Snack A Can had?
I cant seeing them getting all thats due to them without Pete and Babs doing all the relevent chasing and Admin?

3. Even If the Fellowes have done a deal with either tubz vending or Hurleys who is going to enforce it?
Pete and Babs are not going to give a flying monkeys what stock goes in there towers NOW and as ALL the franchisees had to sign a franchise agreement with Vending Revolution that surely is no longer binding and who on Earth is going to sign up to another exclusive supply agreement after being let down by Vending Revolution?
Once bitten twice shy surely for most right thinking individuals...................although a few are so stupid they would throw away a chance to be independant if they were "brainwashed" into thinking signing an agreement with a sole supplier was the ONLY way to get the best prices!

4.Vending Revolution have gone into Liquidation as appossed to administration?
If true, this suggests they have tried and failed to sell it as a going concern?
With all these franchisees tied to there watertight agrrements, why where they not able to sell the concept for a large amount of cash?
Liquidation surely means all stock and plant is sold off to pay creditors.
Vending Revolution may have had a good credit rating, but liquidation suggests they may well be being dictated too by the Bank whom is probably owed a considerable amount of money??

There is more to this and will all come out eventually, for sure!
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

Not sure on the specifics but the story I heard involved zenjet chinese people getting involved and the leasing deal done last year. Dont want to post on here as I dont really know if its true or not but call me if you want the heads up
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Post by glennborthwick »

they have all been sent an email , surprised contents havent been posted on here yet.
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Post by glennborthwick »

1. yes they are free to use whoever

2. was told they will continue to run the charity side/annual fee bit of it.

3. see 1

4. everything leased.
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

glennborthwick wrote:1. yes they are free to use whoever

2. was told they will continue to run the charity side/annual fee bit of it.

3. see 1

4. everything leased.
Cheers Glen

That all seems very likely!

Nigel
15towersforsale
Referred by?: google

Post by 15towersforsale »

Here you go guys.. the announcement in full. I'm getting out of the game (time constraints) so if anyone is interested in 15-18 Snack A Can towers (around 2 years old, good condition with stands and keys) please get in touch with your offers - I don't have space to keep them, and am looking for a quick sale. Cheers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Vending Revolution Ltd

Important Announcement

Dear Franchisee and Colleague,

It is with great sadness that I must inform you that we have placed The Vending Revolution Ltd into voluntary liquidation. The packing plant has now ceased production and the Snack-a-Can Franchise closed.

Over the past couple of years we have suffered endless increases in confectionery and production costs, that we have had to absorb, that have progressively eroded the packing plant profits, despite record sales. The final decision was forced upon us due to a major product supply arrangement that was abruptly withdrawn without notice, allowing us no opportunity to effectively respond to the situation.

As a responsible management we ensured that final orders accepted were completely fulfilled prior to our closure ensuring no customer has financially lost out.

Needless to say, franchisees are now formally released from their Snack-a-Can Franchise agreement. You are now able to place whatever stock in your Tower vendors you wish. Final charity commission payments due to “Wooden Spoon” should still be made to ensure you remain compliant with your legal obligation. As the office is now closed the address for your final charity payments will follow in due course. It is also vital that you remove all traces of the Jelly Bean Campaign (JBC) charity stickers from your Tower vendors as a matter of urgency and you need to inform your sites accordingly.

On a personal level Barbara and I are genuinely concerned to ensure that our ex-franchisees will be able to seamlessly continue their businesses without disruption or loss of income, and to this end we have made arrangements to assist with your business on-going.

As we will be personally continuing as vending operators, the JBC will continue to operate in exactly the same manner as it has over the past 20 years. Should you wish to continue to benefit from paying 5% charity commission and supporting Wooden Spoon and other regional charities, you are welcome to leave your existing JBC stickers on your Tower vendors and continue to pay your commission made payable to the charity and sent to us quarterly in the same manner you have previously. A completely revised JBC branding package is currently in the design phase and will be launched shortly providing a more professional, up to date image which will give your Towers a new lease of life.

If you wish to participate and avoid the disruption and potential negativity removing your JBC stickers may cause, and the need to pay excessive commercial site commission, please email barbara@jellybeancampaign.co.uk to register on the scheme. There is no cost for our management of your charity payments and you will seamlessly continue to benefit from the credibility that £1.4million donated by JBC franchisees over the past 20 years offers your business.

We are aware that replacement Tower charity sites are the life blood of your business, and therefore have made arrangements for a quality charity siting service to be exclusively available to those operators wishing to continue to benefit as a part of the JBC. Those registering with the JBC will receive contact details. The cost will be just £15 per site, VAT will not be applicable.

If you operate Snack-a-Can Towers that are on a TVR Tower Rental/Purchase agreement you will be able to continue to rent your Towers ensuring no reduction in your income. During the next few days you will be contacted directly by ‘Site Location Services Ltd’ who will be taking over your agreement. It is imperative that you IMMEDIATELY CANCEL your existing standing order in favour of TVR as any payments made after 20th September 2012 will NOT be credited to your agreement.

Finally, the choice of mini-can stock supplier will be critical to your on-going success. Having researched the various supplier options available for our own Towers, we have made the decision to exclusively purchase our future stock supplies from Hurley’s International Foods in Caerphilly, whom we believe offer the best quality product, value and service in the market, and personally recommend.

Both Barbara and I apologise for any concerns our liquidation may have caused you, but we are confident that the measures we have conscientiously put in place over the past few days to support you, will ensure your business future and continuing income is assured.

We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all our franchisees and colleagues, many of whom have become friends, for your custom, loyalty and support over the past years. We both wish you all the very best of luck and good fortune for the future.

Kindest regards,

Peter and Barbara Fellowes
15towersforsale

Oh, and if you're local to me (Leeds/York area) - I haven't pulled all of these yet, so can offer the towers sited. There will also be a few hundred cans (skittles, fruit pastilles, rolos, m&m's, minstels, choc eggs, strawb. pencills, jelly beans etc.) available, so please get in touch and we can work something out. Thanks.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

£15 a site to reregister for charity wtf!!!where does all that money go to???

Also I wonder who the site locations services ltd is :whistle:

Name & Registered Office:
SITE LOCATION SERVICES LTD
UNIT 10 CHERRY HOLT SQUARE
CHERRY HOLT ROAD
BOURNE
LINCOLNSHIRE
PE10 9LA
Company No. 07303066

I would get some legal advise on this guys. :nono:
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Venderbase
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: 1
Machines Used: 1
Referred by?: 1

Post by Venderbase »

Oh hilarious. Did anyone think to look at the directors of Site Location Services Ltd?
Screen Shot 2012-09-21 at 13.19.29.png
All thats needed now is an open apology on UK Business Forums to tubz vending et al for all the times they harped on about checking a companies history as you can't trust those that have liquidated!! :50: :50: :50: :50: :50: :50: :50: :50: :50: :50: :50: :50: :50:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
15towersforsale

Would the (possibly thousands of) leased vendors that they have out there not be considered assets of vending revolution anyway? how could they transfer them to this 'new' site location services company - unless they kept it as a seperate business of course - I'll have to dig out my paperwork to see who my contract is with.