PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Re: dave34 con man???

Post by PGBrew »

The best think to do in these cases when you are buying by email where you are taking someones word for it and can't be sure of the condition of what you're buying is to go and take a look before parting with your money.
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

PGBrew wrote:The best think to do in these cases when you are buying by email where you are taking someones word for it and can't be sure of the condition of what you're buying is to go and take a look before parting with your money.

I just didnt have the time to go and collect pete that`s why i paid delivery costs, plus fuel would have been in excess of delivery fee.

Ade
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

PGBrew wrote:The best think to do in these cases when you are buying by email where you are taking someones word for it and can't be sure of the condition of what you're buying is to go and take a look before parting with your money.
Couldnt agree more Pete.
When I sell machines I try and give an incentive for Buyer to come and pick it up!
I will throw in some free sweets and even Free machines in some cases.
It just saves any misundersatnding later down the line and is worth taking the £10 or £20 hit in my experience.

I also hate packing machines as It is always more hassle if the courier breaks them and takes a good deal of time to pack propley.
I stand by all my equipment and offer a Seven day money back Guarantee.
I dont like selling machines that need work unless the Buyer picks up or he fully understands that they are sold as seen and If he cant come to view the risk is all his.
Buying tatty machines without viewing is very Risky and prices offered should be lower accordingly!
Ade

Post by Ade »

FlintVending wrote:
Couldnt agree more Pete.
When I sell machines I try and give an incentive for Buyer to come and pick it up!
I will throw in some free sweets and even Free machines in some cases.
It just saves any misundersatnding later down the line and is worth taking the £10 or £20 hit in my experience.

I also hate packing machines as It is always more hassle if the courier breaks them and takes a good deal of time to pack propley.
I stand by all my equipment and offer a Seven day money back Guarantee.
I dont like selling machines that need work unless the Buyer picks up or he fully understands that they are sold as seen and If he cant come to view the risk is all his.
Buying tatty machines without viewing is very Risky and prices offered should be lower accordingly!

i didnt pay over the odds, i took someones word that machines were working, as for the tattiness, thats irrelevant as that side of things is easily sorted. however bits were missing that i wasnt informed about.
as for risky, nigel your in vending my friend, risky is 99% of this buisness ;)

Ade
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

Yes very true Ade this Business is risky, but lots af little risk dotted all over the place.
I have friends in Business and I would rate vending as a less risky business than some of them who rely on a few big customers, rather than lots of little ones like us operators!

Cheers
Nige
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Post by JustCraig »

Compared to some of the businesses I have been involved in - Vending seems like one with limited risk, although at the same time, not one you could retire from unless you are very lucky.
Ade

Post by Ade »

any one can walk out of a site with your machine. that is not limited risk to me

Ade
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Post by JustCraig »

I didn't say it was risk free, I said the risk was limited when compared to other businesses - especially businesses I have been involved with in the past.

To be fair possible theft is a risk that ALL businesses have to deal with - Mail order companies and retailers loose stock on a daily basis to mail fraudsters and shop lifters.