Centurion
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Essex
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles, Condom, Blue Pill, Novelty
Referred by?: Phil Holindale

Result.

Post by Centurion »

On friday I went to a pub site of mine at 10am only to find it closed. I peered through the window and could see my tower, I returned at 2pm to find the pub still closed but with my tower gone! By sheer luck the new owners turned up, they let me in to look for my machine but it was nowhere to be seen. The new owners gave me a mobile number to ring. I rang the number but there was no answer and I then text him and said that I would give it an hour before I reported the matter to the police. I phoned the police who came down within 10 minutes and I then went to the police station to make a statement. While I was there the old owner phoned to say he was only looking after it for me and wanted to meet to return it. The police were listening to the call, I arranged to meet him back at the pub in 30 minutes. The two police officers followed me back, and waited in the carpark with me for him to return. Well the look of total shock on the mans face when he turned up to see these two coppers walking towards him was a picture. When they questioned him about my tower he said," no no, I was just looking after it for him" :oops: Because he had returned my tower the police decided no offence had been commited, which was fine with me. There was £80 in the machine, I gave him £16 in commission which he then said, " is that all" :rofl: Getting my machine back made my day, and the good news was that the new owners wanted to keep it. Regards Al. :thumbup:
Last edited by Centurion on April 29th, 2012, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Re: Result.

Post by Snackmore »

well done, I am surprised that the cops were so positive and supportive at that stage!
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Centurion
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Centurion »

Snackmore wrote:well done, I am surprised that the cops were so positive and supportive at that stage!
So was I. I think they were just happy to do something, they said they were very quiet.
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

great result, i had similar situation last month, landlord left, pub locked, i phoned brewery and finally got access a month later due to brewery taking landlord to court, guess what? no tower. phoned police who said i needed to phone 2 days before i was due in area to book an appointment to report it. so 2 days before i phone and get told by a different copper has the question been asked to landlord if they have tower by mistake!
I went back to brewery who then decide to give me her mobile n.o. that goes straight to voicemail, left a message but suprise no reply.
so im minus a tower with nowhere to go to get it back.
This month had another place get repossesed for non payment of rent, 2 x pringles locked inside, got to phone a guy tomorrow who said he will let me in to get them, contacted the licencee and she said her licence has been suspended and she has a court hearing in may and will get it back and reopen so machines are ok to be left there :50:
They`ll be out tomorrow hopefully.

Ade
Centurion
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Centurion »

[quote="Ade"]great result, i had similar situation last month, landlord left, pub locked, i phoned brewery and finally got access a month later due to brewery taking landlord to court, guess what? no tower. phoned police who said i needed to phone 2 days before i was due in area to book an appointment to report it. so 2 days before i phone and get told by a different copper has the question been asked to landlord if they have tower by mistake!
I went back to brewery who then decide to give me her mobile n.o. that goes straight to voicemail, left a message but suprise no reply.
so im minus a tower with nowhere to go to get it back.
This month had another place get repossesed for non payment of rent, 2 x pringles locked inside, got to phone a guy tomorrow who said he will let me in to get them, contacted the licencee and she said her licence has been suspended and she has a court hearing in may and will get it back and reopen so machines are ok to be left there :50:
They`ll be out tomorrow hopefully.
Hi Ade. It amazes me how some of these Landlords think its ok to just steal our machines when they leave! :nono: Regards Al.
Ade
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

i know al, really angers me, police in my case were useless, but we have to make a stand otherwise all of them will think its ok to take them

Ade
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

About 18 months ago I started saying to landlords and staff...." if you hear a beeping noise coming from the machine don't panic , it's just the gps tracker sending me a message telling me the battery is low and needs changing"....I got the idea off a thread here which talked about text messaging. I now have a lot less theft than I used too. It still happens occassionally but not too often. I even had a bar man say If I got a mesage it was cos he moved the machine down the back one night ,. Priceless.
Centurion
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Centurion »

Hi Noel. Fantastic idea, well done. :clap: Thats for me in the future.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Excellent idea Noel and to be fair that may be the way forwards, the GPS tracking devices are coming down in price so hopefully in the not too distant future we really will be able to track our assets

Steve
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Post by JustCraig »

OP - Great story - Glad to hear you got it sorted.

The "GPS Tracking" idea is really clever - May need to adopt that myself :)