Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Designing a new machine

Post by Coin Operated Group »

David@Perform wrote:Just in answer to some questions. We pay commission on the VAT exclusive part of the sales thus 25% of £1.67 which is £2.00 less VAT. You would be giving the VAT man an extra 7p if you calculated £2 less VAT was £1.60 :nono:

Stay safe folks!

David
So in reality you are only paying 20% commisions & then deducting the commision/reclaiming the VAT. Crafty :D
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Vendingwarehouse wrote:Paul, sweets were only a part of the products Lee is planning to sell according to his post. Umbrellas, Poncho's, glow mouths, flashing novelties, various combinations of glow sticks are all mentioned. I very much doubt all of those would sell for £1 each. Sweets maybe will only sell for £1, but if you are waiting on the economy to grow by any considerable rate I'm afraid people will be waiting a long time. During which time costs will go up and profit will go down. At some point it will come to a point that vend prices will have to go up and I fear this will be long before growth returns to the economy.
Hi Noel,

I agree with your analysis, but I dont think customers in my area of the uk will pay any higher price for a tub of sweets. I would like to vend at a higher price and get more profit, but it has been tried recently by Nigel ( Flint Vending ) and he said it was a failure.
Thanks,

Paul
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Ross from Vendition

Post by Vend And Glow »

Vendingwarehouse wrote:Paul, sweets were only a part of the products Lee is planning to sell according to his post. Umbrellas, Poncho's, glow mouths, flashing novelties, various combinations of glow sticks are all mentioned. I very much doubt all of those would sell for £1 each. Sweets maybe will only sell for £1, but if you are waiting on the economy to grow by any considerable rate I'm afraid people will be waiting a long time. During which time costs will go up and profit will go down. At some point it will come to a point that vend prices will have to go up and I fear this will be long before growth returns to the economy.
That's right, the machine will have many uses, if you wanted to just sell tubs of sweets for a £1, or Umbrellas for £3, Poncho's for £2, Glowsticks for £1 then you can do that. Hell it will have 8 selections so you could in theory sell 8 different products at 8 different prices!
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Vend And Glow »

David@Perform wrote:Hi Lee - Great move on the Glow front there is a market for it. It is one of the machines we get asked for a lot. If the machine looks right etc. I recon we would buy them looking at on a ROI of 12 months. Below is a basic ROI plan presuming product cost and forecast sales.

£2.00 - Vend Price
£1.67 - ex Vat
£0.42 - 25% Commission to site
£0.48 - Product Cost
£0.77 - GP
38.5%

12 Month ROI
£50.00 Forcast Sales Per Week
£19.25 GP Per Week
£1,001.00 Max Machine Cost

Hope it helps

David
Hi David

Thanks for that it's interesting and reassuring that you would look at a 12 month ROI. whenever i have thought about it before i always assumed most people would want 6 months maximum.

A £2 vend price probably would be better but for some of the products i just don't think people would pay. I mean £2 for a 6inch glowstick? £1.50 max.
Rossi fan

Post by Rossi fan »

Vend And Glow wrote:
That's right, the machine will have many uses, if you wanted to just sell tubs of sweets for a £1, or Umbrellas for £3, Poncho's for £2, Glowsticks for £1 then you can do that. Hell it will have 8 selections so you could in theory sell 8 different products at 8 different prices!

Hi,
When will it be available.

Thanks,

Paul
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Vend And Glow »

Rossi fan wrote:
Vend And Glow wrote:

Hi,
When will it be available.

Thanks,

Paul
Hopefully May/June.
dorsetvending
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Paul see earlier mention that unlikely for sale....Although guess that may be up for discussion....
Rossi fan

Post by Rossi fan »

We will wait an see.

Personally, I think towers are getting a bit dated and a new variant is probably a good idea. If you can have a multifunction machine, with price variability, then your sites are likely to be more willing to have one machine, rather than 3 or 4, which take up more space etc.

Paul
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Vend And Glow »

Rossi fan wrote:We will wait an see.

Personally, I think towers are getting a bit dated and a new variant is probably a good idea. If you can have a multifunction machine, with price variability, then your sites are likely to be more willing to have one machine, rather than 3 or 4, which take up more space etc.

Paul
That's what i was thinking, a one stop shop!

If it's viable for operators then there would be no reason for it not to be made available for sale.
I only said it may not be available because i was concerned the price may put people off, although i don't know what the price will be yet!

So i suppose let's wait and see and we can go from there.

Lee
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Vend And Glow »

David@Perform wrote:Just in answer to some questions. We pay commission on the VAT exclusive part of the sales thus 25% of £1.67 which is £2.00 less VAT. You would be giving the VAT man an extra 7p if you calculated £2 less VAT was £1.60 :nono:

Stay safe folks!

David
I just give the commission to the venue and forget about it. It's up to them if they pay their VAT share. I just pay the VAT on my share.

Out of interest David do you take off the cost of sale before you give the commission or is it just the gross revenue in the machine you give a % of?