Hurleys charity boxes

Vending related news
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Re: Hurleys charity boxes

Post by choice vending »

Easy sale 3-4 calls per sale unless you are following a very good operator from another charity box company. incidently i get Lisa to target my pub vending sites also. The theory is if they will have a box of her they they will have a box of another charity box operator. At least this way the money ends up im my pocket and most of the sites dont even know i own both buinesses.

Last Thursday morining while site finding i got 9 sites and installed a vending tower in a busy barber shop. ( well the owner said it was busy lol. time will tell)
Eatsweets
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Hertfordshire and essex
Machines Used: Tower vending
Referred by?: Phil hollingdale

Post by Eatsweets »

Brian

If you dont mind me asking How much do you have to give to charity?

Regards
Rob
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Post by choice vending »

i pay 50p per bag of sweets this includes a 10p payment to the charity and the vat also. So i dont pay anything after i have brought the sweets
Newleaf
Area Covered: Warwickshire / Oxfordshire
Machines Used: newbie
Referred by?: google

Post by Newleaf »

Hi Brian

Nice to know I am not the only Hurley Childline vendor on here. I started just before Xmas covering South Warwickshire and North Oxfordshire. So far have 200 sites and what you have said is spot on, great news with regards to cost of bags being reduced to 50p a bag, that's news to me and will help offset the losses. I'm averaging just over the 10%, the main reason being a couple of businesses went out of business and I could not get the boxes back.

Just out of interest how many sites do you manage to get when out site finding in a day?

I find it a real pain, got Hurleys to find me my first 200, although a few were unsuitable and some have since asked me to remove boxes. Still I have found around 50 new sites over the last 3 weeks worked around my collections which has got me back upto 200 sites, now just need to ramp it up and really find more sites.
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by choice vending »

i cant go all day site finding it wears me down. i will do a couple of hours or a morning. i can get 20 odd in a full morning if im targeting shops close together. factory estate are a bit slower. The easiest ones are a posy of say 5 shops out of the way on an estate say. you are less likely to get some of the rejections than u get on a high st. ie the head office aproval objection. the other charity box collectors dont seem to target these areas as much. Wow it must have been easy whoever used to go around with the first boxes we started a bit late for that hey!

I have my vending business to run so i need my collectors to go site finding this is were i struggle
Shropvend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Wolverhampton & Shropshire
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Beavers, kiddy rides
Referred by?: tubz vending

Post by Shropvend »

To both choice vending and newleaf

With regards to your losses do you charge the customer? I have had 2 of my customers which have both got macmillan honesty boxes and the operator has made them feel guilty by telling them that some money is missing from the box, and the customer has had to pay that missing amount. I told my customers to get rid of them as this is not good practice in my book and they have agreed to do so. But just wondering if this is common in this type of vending.

Lee.
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Shropvend wrote:To both choice vending and newleaf

With regards to your losses do you charge the customer? I have had 2 of my customers which have both got macmillan honesty boxes and the operator has made them feel guilty by telling them that some money is missing from the box, and the customer has had to pay that missing amount. I told my customers to get rid of them as this is not good practice in my book and they have agreed to do so. But just wondering if this is common in this type of vending.

Lee.

Hi Lee,
As someone who is not operating HB's, I think you are right to question this aspect. In all business types the operator has to factor in losses. If I tried to charge a tower site if a machine was damaged, they would laugh. In addition, it clearly states in the information on Hurleys website that 10% losses is likely to be the norm. The operators of the Macmillan boxes you are referring to will also be aware of this, so their attitude stinks and they deserve to loose the site.

Thanks,

Paul
Shropvend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Shropvend »

Hi paul

I agree mate, one of my customers felt bad so he paid the missing amount because its a charity. He paid the operator £3.50 back out of 10 bags sold. I cannot believe that this is common practice through out the charity box industry. Maybe its just the operator annoyed that he lost 35% of sales.

Lee
Newleaf
Area Covered: Warwickshire / Oxfordshire
Machines Used: newbie
Referred by?: google

Post by Newleaf »

I always tell the site owner that they are not responsible for losses and if the boxes are down I ask them if they can re-site it nearer to the till area or to keep an eye on it. If it is down on 3 or 4 visit then I remove box and re-site.

In addition to losses you also find that around 5% of boxes make gains which helps off-set losses, if it was the site owner I would ask them kindly not to but there is not a lot you can do if the customer over pays by a few pennies, the most I have been up was £2 at one site so we are not talking loads.

Did a nice round today and collected £265 over 28 sites and losses were only around 5%.
Shropvend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Shropvend »

Thanks newleaf

Those 28 sites you collected from are they a monthly, weekly or a combined cycle?

Re Lee.