Hurleys charity boxes

Vending related news
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Re: Hurleys charity boxes

Post by choice vending »

paul firstly u need to know this is work in progress quiet a few sites that we got in the last 3 weeks have yet to be visited.

miles i dont know but we pick a postcode per week ie:-
week A - WS9 & WS1
week B - WS8 & WS7
week C - WS3 & WS4
week D - WS10 & WS2

Hurley got me 30 sites at first just to get us up and running. All sites now are got by cold calling. I am going out tommorrow with Lisa cold calling. Im trying to get her to understand that a NO is good when you have got 30 or so NOs you will have 10 or so say YES.

Yep cold calling is tough and im trying to toughen her up. Im not paying for sites

we swap the boxes over and count the money in front of them she does about 25 in half a day or so. we are looking at some type of trolly whch will fit a few boxes with a pocket for money.

as long as they are selling and they want a new box they can have it as long as they want. turnover of site is high so you have to keep selling. we do have a loyal base of sites that we will keep for a long time now though
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Post by choice vending »

Grams i dont look a that type of thing lol More than a tub though. 55p per bag including VAT. I bellve this to be too much which i have told them
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

I think theres decent mileage in it if you can team up with a local charity and self pack. 100g sweets would cost about 25p average. Bagging etc 5p. You can really handle the 10% losses and costs of replacing sites all the time then.
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by choice vending »

Yep its all there for the future as i grow the business different options will open up. The hardest thing for me is i dont have enough time. trying to get the collectors to site find is hardest bit. My experience of running direct sales teams in Ireland and austraila will help me i hope.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

There's and opportunity here to set up a good business. I get so many people asking me for work. But as in vending if you want to make money at it you need to be independant, have your own charity and bring you cost per item below 30p.
Eatsweets
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Hertfordshire and essex
Machines Used: Tower vending
Referred by?: Phil hollingdale

Post by Eatsweets »

glennborthwick wrote:I think theres decent mileage in it if you can team up with a local charity and self pack. 100g sweets would cost about 25p average. Bagging etc 5p. You can really handle the 10% losses and costs of replacing sites all the time then.
Glenn

Hope you are well.

Would we need a clean room to self pack? And to start with would you simply use some sort of scales to measure the sweets? Then I am guessing some sort of heat press machine to seal the bags?

Regards
Rob
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

choice vending wrote:paul firstly u need to know this is work in progress quiet a few sites that we got in the last 3 weeks have yet to be visited.

miles i dont know but we pick a postcode per week ie:-
week A - WS9 & WS1
week B - WS8 & WS7
week C - WS3 & WS4
week D - WS10 & WS2

Hurley got me 30 sites at first just to get us up and running. All sites now are got by cold calling. I am going out tommorrow with Lisa cold calling. Im trying to get her to understand that a NO is good when you have got 30 or so NOs you will have 10 or so say YES.

Yep cold calling is tough and im trying to toughen her up. Im not paying for sites

we swap the boxes over and count the money in front of them she does about 25 in half a day or so. we are looking at some type of trolly whch will fit a few boxes with a pocket for money.

as long as they are selling and they want a new box they can have it as long as they want. turnover of site is high so you have to keep selling. we do have a loyal base of sites that we will keep for a long time now though
Hi Brian,

I know you are really busy, so will be brief.

If you had to pay for sites, how much would it be and would this aspect make you think again about the business model. Also, do you re use the boxes you are exchanging, or are they destroyed.

Thanks,

Paul
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by choice vending »

Paul we reuse the boxes sometimes a bit of selotape is needed to tidy a corner up and a few have been chucked away through wear and tear.

Yea hurleys do a site finding service and they got me 30 sites to start with in a tightish area. But we knocked every door inbetween these sites and got loads more. If you cant cold call its not worth doing you will waste to much time traveling and the calls wont be cose enough together.

If you had the same person telephone 100 sites and the same person knock on the door of the same 100 sites the difference in sales would be considrable.

Again look at the logistics of collecting most of the time is spent traveling inbetween sites
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by choice vending »

Rob rang me today as i have been giving him some stick the last couple of months. He has dropped the price of the bags down to 50p
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

choice vending wrote:Paul we reuse the boxes sometimes a bit of selotape is needed to tidy a corner up and a few have been chucked away through wear and tear.

Yea hurleys do a site finding service and they got me 30 sites to start with in a tightish area. But we knocked every door inbetween these sites and got loads more. If you cant cold call its not worth doing you will waste to much time traveling and the calls wont be cose enough together.

If you had the same person telephone 100 sites and the same person knock on the door of the same 100 sites the difference in sales would be considrable.

Again look at the logistics of collecting most of the time is spent traveling inbetween sites
Thanks Brian,

I would imagine it is much easier siting a box than a tower, so I think most ppl would be ok at that. In my area, we have around 3-5 other box types all over the shop. Was that the case for you? I wonder at what point the sites get tired of another charity box and say no.

Thanks,

Paul