Hurleys charity boxes

Vending related news
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Hurleys charity boxes

Post by choice vending »

Last september i set up a new company CV Logistics with a different phone number etc to disribute hurleys charity boxes. I kept it quiet for a bit. But now i can pass on my feedback to you all.

firstly i started the business as it contrasts well with the vending business. 2 quid for a cardbord box rather than 150 quid for a machine. Also a lot of my sites have charity boxes so it dilutes the vending sales much to my annoyance.

i dont collect on them myself i employ a girl to do it for me she gets 22% of the take minus theft which i charge her 50p per stolen bag. she earns a little over £10 per hour.

Theft is the big issue here and we have taken a few hits. To make it pay our target is to keep theft under 10%. We have found to manage the theft you need to do a few things.

1 - keep a database were we mark how many we had nicked from that site for the last 4 visits
2 - remove problem sites
3 - pay attention to were the box is situated
4 - let the site know about the theft and they somtimes pay us

having the data on our call lists helps us manage the theft issue. at christmas our theft rate was 8.95% now its under 8%

after startng very slowly we have just started to ramp it up with about 250 sites now. i have 2 other people about to start working for me. Rekon its gona be a good earner for me.
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Re: Hurleys charity boxes

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

Thanks for the info Brian, have you any data on sales which you could share without giving away too much.
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Post by choice vending »

ave about 10 sales per box per site over a 4 week period. There are 15 bags in a box we have started to upgrade good sites up a bigger box taking 30 packs. When we are sitefinding the average comes down and when we are collecting and pulling s*hit sites the average goes up
kris@tubzbrandsltd
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: south east
Machines Used: towers
Referred by?: New forum

Post by kris@tubzbrandsltd »

Hello Brian, Hope you are well.

Forgive me for asking what might seem silly questions:

If you have 250 sites selling an average of 10 sales a month then you pay your girl 22% of the take - losses (say 10%) then in a month of working she would be earning around £500 (do you pay her fuel and other costs)?. That would be on a 4 week average doing an average of 12-13 sites a day.

You mentioned you have 2 other people about to start work but is it really needed with 250 sites? The charity box suppliers quote that it is possible to do 30 sites a day so is it possible for her to look after up to 600 sites (30 sites a day x 4 weeks) before you need to take anyone else on?

Sorry if i have missed something or got it wrong.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

kris@tubzbrandsltd wrote:Hello Brian, Hope you are well.

Forgive me for asking what might seem silly questions:

If you have 250 sites selling an average of 10 sales a month then you pay your girl 22% of the take - losses (say 10%) then in a month of working she would be earning around £500 (do you pay her fuel and other costs)?. That would be on a 4 week average doing an average of 12-13 sites a day.

You mentioned you have 2 other people about to start work but is it really needed with 250 sites? The charity box suppliers quote that it is possible to do 30 sites a day so is it possible for her to look after up to 600 sites (30 sites a day x 4 weeks) before you need to take anyone else on?

Sorry if i have missed something or got it wrong.
Maybe he doesnt want to employ anyone full time? and also I believe it is more like (up to 30 a day) Im sure I know of another company that uses those kind of calculations.

For Example.
At 20 sales per unit per week (which is less then 3 sales per day) you would have got your investment back on any of these packages in a little over 6 months!! :oops:
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by choice vending »

When i go cold calling i call to every business so we get lots of calls close together a typical high street and its ajoining roads we can get into 20 sites or so. When it comes around to collecting you fly through them, 10 per hour is possible. If you look at the logistics of collecting most of the time is used traveling between sites.

the sites i have got in the last two weeks are for the newbys to go on in another two weeks time. as we call every 4 weeks so 200 sites is 50 sites per week
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by choice vending »

Matt the averages are lower than that mate. I i walk into say for example a florist and its sold 8 packs of sweets in a month out of a box with 15 in thats happy days for me. Because i then walk into the next shop 4 or 5 doors away and hopfully do the same. One of my pubs does 40 odd per month which is my best site by far
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi Brian,

Based on these figures, an individual operator with 250 sites would earn £1112.50, less your fuel and other costs. Therefore to earn a reasonable living from it, say £600 a week you would need to be running 600 boxes I think.

Could you please let me know the following data.

1. How far apart are your sites and how many miles are travelled to service 250 boxes.
2 How many sites does she top up in a day.
3 Does she swap boxes and install new sites at the same time as refilling the already sited ones.
4 How much do new sites cost.
5 How many of the 250 are you moving on to new sites regulary. ( I understand that they are normally moved on after a prescribed time at any site.

Thanks,

Paul
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

choice vending wrote:Matt the averages are lower than that mate. I i walk into say for example a florist and its sold 8 packs of sweets in a month out of a box with 15 in thats happy days for me. Because i then walk into the next shop 4 or 5 doors away and hopfully do the same. One of my pubs does 40 odd per month which is my best site by far
I know that Brian, I took that quote from someones website. :think:
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

interesting. How many grams in each bag? Cost of each bag?