Non vending or coin operated related chat goes here
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Siting Test 15 July 2020

Post by Siting Services »

Hi All

How is everyone doing? Has anyone tried siting or servicing towers? What reactions have you been getting. Like you, I am keen as mustard to get going.

I thought I would test the water today with one of my customers to see if businesses are receptive to accepting towers into their premises and to ask those who have them how they feel about them which is very important to those operators who have towers which have been left standing unattended for many months.

It's been quite an interesting test today and on the whole it was not too bad but please note that I have not contacted all business sectors as I know only too well that certain sectors such as pubs won't be able to accept towers at this moment in time.

On the positive side I did manage to get a few sites which is quite surprising to be honest as I was expecting 100% decline due to current situation. To get those sites I did make a lot of calls (which I was expecting) and for those who did not accept the tower were primarily due to the current situation and have intimated that the moment they have customers coming back through their doors they will most likely take a tower.

For those who already had towers on site, they were quite factual about them and said they were happy to keep them and they were waiting for the operator to come back and service them and felt confident that all precautions that can be taken will be taken.

The type of sites I was calling were the service sector, NOT the pubs or hotels as I feel these places will not be too willing to accept towers as their aim is to stop customers wandering around and to remain seated whilst drink and food is served directly to their table.

This is just a start to me testing the water with siting and feel confident, with time, that more businesses will accept them once we get used to our new way of living with Covid 19.

I hope the above helps and feel free to contact me if you wanted me to test the market in your area or if you wanted me to give you sites a courtesy call to reassure them.

Kind regards,

Barbara
Connorvending
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Ne england
Machines Used: Pringles tubz vending tomy beaver
Referred by?: Another operator

Re: Siting Test 15 July 2020

Post by Connorvending »

I've been to 24 pubs since they were allowed to reopen. 18 have the machines where the public can access them either where they were previously or relocated to take account of one way foot traffic. The only ones which haven't got them on display were happy to keep them hidden away until more easing of the measures.
No complaints really. I'm not expecting to get back to earning a decent living until nearer Xmas, but I'm lucky enough to have another business and a partner in a decent job which helps.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Connorvending wrote:I've been to 24 pubs since they were allowed to reopen. 18 have the machines where the public can access them either where they were previously or relocated to take account of one way foot traffic. The only ones which haven't got them on display were happy to keep them hidden away until more easing of the measures.
No complaints really. I'm not expecting to get back to earning a decent living until nearer Xmas, but I'm lucky enough to have another business and a partner in a decent job which helps.
That sounds like a great result to me and it's good to hear that they are willing to keep them hidden until things settle down. Today's test calls was all about sounding out businesses at the beginning of the easing to gauge what's happening out there.
Bert
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: search

Post by Bert »

I put a tower into a new site today & was asked if I would be interested in maybe putting another at one of their other locations a few miles away.

Sadly the tower I put in there came from a site that had asked for it to be removed the other week, I don’t expect the new site to do even a third of the amount of the one I have lost but at least its re sited. But then you never really know how they will do & if it leads to another site perhaps the two together will make up for the one I have lost.

I also have another site that will require at least two towers maybe three lined up & I’m confident they will be contacting me to install them when they’re reopening for business. They used to have a self-service pick & mix but with C-19 & all the theft they had already got rid of it & were very keen on my towers as an alternative.

So it seems there are some opportunities out there. I feel for anyone losing sites, but it’s good to know that there’re some new spots to be found.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Hello Bert

Good to hear you have acquired new sites and you have sites potentially lined up. Great feedback, thank you.

Any feedback on corporate sites? EG big brand sites where there are outlets all over UK. I would be interested to hear from anyone.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Connorvending wrote:I've been to 24 pubs since they were allowed to reopen. 18 have the machines where the public can access them either where they were previously or relocated to take account of one way foot traffic. The only ones which haven't got them on display were happy to keep them hidden away until more easing of the measures.
Excellent feedback, thanks.

Very positive and reassuring to hear.