Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

face masks

Post by Style »

Face masks in pots. Would they sell? How much would you pay per box of 96?
Kerbcoffee
Area Covered: Suffolk
Referred by?: Google

Re: face masks

Post by Kerbcoffee »

I believe tubz vending are selling face masks in 50mm pots at £36.95 for a box of 96 (no vat). I am very conflicted as to wether they would be a good idea. They might sell but not it’s really giving the impression to customers that they are in a safe environment by offering this type of product. Is it good idea to wear one (probably) but who wants to go down the pub/club and sit there with one on. On balance I think I will wait and see if anyone asks for them. It would probably be better for us all if people got the impression things were returning to normal but realistically I think that’s not yet the case and there is still a lot of anxiety out there.
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Post by JavaGreen »

I do not wish coronavirus on anyone, so my question to you is.. do you know anyone that has had/or did have covid19. This is one mother of a virus. It is an airborne virus, that means it can stay in the air for a period of time, you do not have to kiss someone to catch it. I wear a mask on entering all shops and if on the high street. Donald Trump (god bless him) refuses to wear a mask because it makes him look like the Lone Ranger!

You get this virus.... a machine is all you have got.... a tube through the mouth down your airways whilst you lay flat down. You only breathe because the machine does it for you, you have countless other pipes in all sorts of orifices. Basically, you are totally out of it until you either live or die. I know what I would prefer..... wear a mask, it makes sense.

Still not sure myself of providing them in a machine however, intend on doing so as if it saves lives it is worth it.
Bert
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: search

Post by Bert »

The vast majority of people who may contract C-19 will have mild flu like symptoms with roughly 30% of people being A symptomatic; face masks offer a false sense of security & only really offer some prevention of the wearer spreading the virus to others. Whether they’re a benefit is debatable after all they didn’t stop the spread in china where facemasks are worn regularly by the public. It also seems a lot in the UK don’t know how to wear them anyway just covering their mouths rather than their nose's too, they also don’t seem to understand about cross contamination when adjusting a damp mask, touching other surfaces or the need for safe disposal of their mask.

Are they a good idea in a sweet tower, I would say yes if you have locations on top of train/bus stations. My local train station has a café just before you enter on both sides of the station with one side having a bus station as well. Ideal I would suspect as a location for a mask machine if they’re happy to have one.
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

Not all people in Wuhan was wearing masks. The government had to order everyone (11 million+) to wear masks. And of course there is masks and there is masks. According to the experts you need to wear type N95 masks. If you wear the correct mask there is a 95% chance of prevention of covid19. Of course, everyone over here has not really been briefed on how to wear a mask, perhaps some people just do not care. Some people of course go with the heard to the pub, beach, party or whatever, they think they are immune. I will take my chance with a mask. My next door neighbour is a front line nurse supervisor and has told me what covid19 is like, seen it first hand. You do not want this baby, her words not mine. We are still in a sort of lockdown in Scotland and if going into a shop you wear a mask it is the law (Not that everyone does). I shall respect the law in this instance, not that I do not in all instances. Passed a bar yesterday and it was heaving (need to get a machine in there) and nobody, nobody was social distancing. Wonder if we will get a spike like Leicester or the other towns down south?

I expect to have sales on par with last year in two years time and, only if we do not have a second wave :shock: :?
Bert
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Bert »

If it makes you feel better to wear a mask then that’s a good thing, but if you think it offers you 95% protection from catching the virus outside of laboratory level hygiene conditions then I would suggest that you question wherever you're getting such stats from. I very much doubt that the majority of people are walking around wearing N95 masks & even if they were, I doubt it would afford them 95% protection, in fact the advice given is a scarf or cut up sock will do with the idea behind it in helping stop those already infected from spreading the virus, thus lulling people into a false sense of security.

Once you factor in cross contamination of the masks I would suspect this would render most being worn simply nothing more than warm, wet fertile breeding grounds for lots of viruses. Underlying health problems seem to be amplified by the C-19 virus & I would not wish it on anyone but realistically the chances of contracting the virus & it leading to your untimely demise are relatively low with your odds being greater or lower once you factor in age, health etc.

As for sales I suspect a slight initial bounce in sales for any sites that are kept due to people wanting to get out & the desire for a treat but I suspect they will quickly view going out as to much of a hassle with all the restrictions in place. Leading to a quick tailing off of any sales boost.
long term we either find a vaccine or just decide to let nature take its course. One thing I’m certain of is that most retail, restaurant or pub businesses will not find it viable to keep trading with all the restrictions put upon them.

As with all things time will tell & I hope that you stay safe & well.
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

Well Dr Bert, I got my information regards N95 from the experts from China and the U.K., its on the web. If you are happy with your Ronnie Biggs impression, by all means wear your sock... but makes sure they are clean else it would not be covid19 you have to worry about :50:

Regards sales, you look like you have been doing this for five minutes, so will stick with what I know to guide me through the crises. Talking about crises..... there is no known vaccine on the horizon, too many sound bites from the press. AIDS has been running for twenty years or more, cure.... not a chance, not even one on the horizon. Covid19 according to the experts... will run for sometime, New Zealand thought they had cracked it and hey ho.... its starts again.

Scotland demands you wear a mask if going into shops all close proximity to others... says who? The medical profession.... me thinks I shall pay heed to their advice. They appear to know what they are talking about. Even Professor Whitty said it will not disappear anytime soon. :whistle:
Bert
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Bert »

Regardless of time served my money is invested same as yours. I truly hope you're right regarding sales, but this is an unpresented situation & difficult for anyone to predict how things will pan out over the coming months. Like you say there is unlikely to be a working vaccine anytime soon, so it will be interesting to see if people are happy to comply with all the new regulations/restrictions when out and about or if they will just start to see it as to much hassle and stay in. My opinion is that they will likely stay in. I may be wrong and indeed hope I ‘am, but as I said time will tell.

I have no need to wear a cut up sock or scarf as my wife works within the medical profession & has access to N95 masks should we/I need them.

Will you be restocking any of your towers with masks in them?
Will you also be fixing hand sanitizers to the sides of any towers?
I would be interested to hear how the masks sell and if the added sanitizers puts the site owner’s minds at ease, as the sites I have been to or in touch with have incorporated the towers into their cleaning schedule, put them in a back office or just flat out asked for removal.
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

Hi Bert,
With your wife working in the Medical profession, not sure what capacity, she would know that the N95 masks (apart from the NBC suits/masks I used to wear) are the best we have in not getting the airborne covid19. Scarfs/socks or whatever, had been bandied about to get people to procure their own PPE to safeguard NHS PPE availability. NHS is still not out of the woods, if everyone starts wearing masks as it depletes their capabilities in sourcing/obtaining PPE.

I have been sanitising my machines for several years, it is part of the service I provide, my machines are always fit for purpose/presentation. Yes, I shall have several of the sanitiser (sanitizer) brackets to hand if a site should require it. We have 50+ care homes so expect to lose a large proportion, we have a similar amount of pubs and expect the same. Everything we have is paid for therefore, if the good ship lollipop, goes down, we have a plan B. Do not put all your eggs in the one basket!

There have been 12 million confirmed cases/ with associated deaths from covid19. That is the tip of the iceberg, I suspect there is at least another 50% on top of that unaccounted for. If you could speak to the confirmed cases and ask them Sir/Madam, if we could wind the clock back..... would you have worn a mask! I wonder how many would say Nah, it is fake news.... just a cold/flu, ask Donald!

On the front line, we exercised NBC on a regular basis, for a reason!

Do not wear a sock over your head going into the Bank.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

I was chatting to Liam earlier. Hurleys will be doing boxes of 96 masks for £30. Im pretty sure they will be a good seller.