Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Lockdown extension

Post by Style »

Listening to the daily briefing from Chris Whitty on Wednesday it sounnds like pubs will be the last to open possibly not before the winter. How much trouble are we in?
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Re: Lockdown extension

Post by Siting Services »

Hi Andy,

Based on what has been reported I would say it's not looking good for vending machines in pubs until they fully open and people are mingling again which may not happen for a long, long while.

When businesses start to re-open, my opinion would be to focus on the non pub trade and go to the sector where there are sites to be had, yes the turnover will be lower, but it's better than no turnover. Go back to basics, charity vending paying the lowest commission and go to the category b and c sites just to survive until the market picks up again.

None of us could have seen this one coming and thank goodness the Government has stepped in to help financially, let's hope they continue to support the nation until the world get's back to normality.

Good luck to all.

Kind regards,

Barbara

Keep in touch with your pub sites and be with them sympathetically first then reassure them that the moment things get back to normal all stock will be replenished and it will be like a new machine on their premises.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Had a few calls lately. Went out for a day's work Friday, toys and convenience stores.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

My Landlord was advised July today by Marstons
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Wahey! Did a job today. Takings for May £178.50p. Also got confirmation of self employed funding. Happy days!
Kerbcoffee
Area Covered: Suffolk
Referred by?: Google

Post by Kerbcoffee »

I have been watching the media closely to see how different businesses are dealing with the slow return to work and unfortunately (although understandably) many of them appear to be prohibiting the use of any kind of vending machine due to the risk of virus transfer. I would be interested to hear from anyone still working how they are handling the situation. I was under the impression that some operators are servicing machines in hospitals, convenience stores etc, so are these premises taking any measures to mitigate the risks? What do you all think will happen when the pubs / clubs finally re-open, I am starting to think this entire year is going to be a write off!
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Post by JavaGreen »

Just about spot on! Sure, when the lockdown is eased operators will go around empty machines and think, not too bad! Reality is that most of the cash collected was earned prior to coved 19 and only just being collected now! Totally agree with you, people will avoid the vending machines like the plague (not wishing to be callous) with the exception of the kids. If you have sites that have loads of kids they will use them regardless.

So best batten down the hatches as your year is going to be tough to say the least, or put another way, your takings will be way down from last year. That is how I am dealing with it and will continue accordingly.

Must say, I would have thought loads of rounds would have been up for sale.... guess everyone is waiting to go and collect the rich pickings before then :roll:
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

For the sites that we have working with vending machines and full staff we have noticed no down turn. I highly doubt it will bother kids lll
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

Let’s be sensible Matt.....

Your takings this year will not match your takings last year..... the vast majority of the country has been off for nigh on three months... we will not see a return to normal for at least 12 months.... I for one, is factoring in a down turn that way everything else is a bonus.

Of course, we now await the cavalry on the forum who will insist no downturn, no coved 19 in my area brigade, record sales :rofl: :rofl:
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

If anyone had any serious thoughts about the equation into what we do..... have a look at Money Now!

Many companies have furloughed staff on the pretence that they will keep workers employed :whistle:

Reality is companies are quickly queuing up to make thousands, upon thousands redundant. What does that mean for us?

Reduction in sales. Like I said in previous posts, I expect sales minus 25% if I am lucky, in reality expecting 50%.

Thank goodness I have other avenues and if you do not, you want look at this area quickly before everyone else does. Get a part time job if you can.... do it now, before the storm after the storm arrives.