JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Re: Corona Virus Grants

Post by JavaGreen »

If I have read it correctly, those that re-invest all profits back into the business (that is me) or those that pay themselves a dividend or are a limited company, guess the chancellor (who I thought was pretty switched on) is not shining a light onto us unfortunately. Happy days campers. :shock:
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

Those who invest their profits in their business, or set themselves up as a limited company and pay themselves via a dividend, will also be ineligible.

Above was taken from Daily Mail :thumbdown:
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Style wrote:Good old Rishi sorted us out. Me and the Mrs both self employed. Both no income at the mo. 3 months holiday paid by the government
Nice one Andy :D I'm in the same boat and very happy he has looked after us self-employed, it was only fair to treat us the same as employed staff, many of whom are employed by the self-employed.
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

I am not complaining neither, he will after all be paying 80% of my salary from the teaching profession, I shall be in school next week at some point supporting kids from front line staff. :-)
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

I also re-invest and not taking a salary from the copany so won't gain from this well deserved financial package for the self employed. Me and the Mrs will be able to survive on our pensions though.
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

Hang in there Pete, take care!
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

Synopsis:

I guess it will be towards the end of June before we can go out...... and then I guess sales will be like a nuclear winter!

Pros:

Since all of our machinery is paid for, since all of our stock is paid for..... I guess we can walk away without debt!

Cons:

We are all going to lose many sites due to businesses not re-opening, or machines already pilfered or worse machines stolen.
Many rounds will become available but is anyone likely to purchase them?
Will anyone have the significant funds to start a site finding campaign (unless you do it yourself) and will business be open to want the extra business?
Customers are really going to be pushed for cash as unemployment will certainly rise, it will be catastrophic.

Will the stock cost a fraction more..... reducing profits yet again?

The landscape is certainly going to be different. Scaremongering, not at all, just getting ready for the reality. :shock:

I sincerely hope I am wrong!

Good luck to all.
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

It's a lot easier to close the pubs and clubs down than it is to open them up again. The government are going to have to be very sure the virus isn't going to start spreading again, very difficult call to make that considering if they get it wrong it's political suicide and they will have blood on their hands if people die as a result of opening them up too soon. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the pubs are shut for the whole of the summer or longer and only open again when they reopen the schools
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

I would not expect the schools to re-open until end of September or early October........ if we are lucky.... but do not bet on that!

I am ex-military and know full well that government always tones things down.... tells you what they really want you to know..... things are bad when they are saying that they will be doing well to keep the body count below 20,000.

The Scottish Health Minister on the other hand is suggesting across the U.K. that deaths can be upwards towards 260,000! Both figures are actually quite frightening and I sincerely hope they are both wrong!

The PM (Boris) is sending all households a letter this week, expect it on Tuesday/Wednesday, when was the last time you got a letter from a Prime Minister..... this virus is a nasty critter...... you have got to keep safe everyone. Stay in doors for your own safety.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

and what a waste of money (about 5.5 million pounds) the letter is, that money could have been used in testing NHS or buying more protective equipment for the poor buggers having to work in those conditions.
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk