Non vending or coin operated related chat goes here
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Re: Corona Virus

Post by radical.richard »

Gov to give 80% to workers, great, but Pub and Leisure center closure just means I will have loads of out of date stock and no way of collecting what money is there for the foreseeable future.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Talking of out of date stock. Had an email from tubz vending today. 10% off and free delivery, I guess they are trying to get rid of their excess stock in light of Covid19.

If you could flog them I bet they would do you a great deal on rolos. They have a short life at the best of time.
Kerbcoffee
Area Covered: Suffolk
Referred by?: Google

Post by Kerbcoffee »

It’s been coming, I am not sure anyone with a brain is going to be buying more stock, we’ll be lucky to have any existing stock in date before this ***** storm is over. Will the last vending operator please close the door and turn the light off . We are all w&tf
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Merseyside, Warrington
Machines Used: Bulk, Toys, Towers other non elec stuff

Post by popp665 »

Yep not looking good is it
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Post by JavaGreen »

The vast majority of stock runs out next year..... doubt this episode will run as long as that.... but all said and done... I shall write-off whatever stock is lost through the accountant. So I guess this year will be a loss no doubt, if you make a loss it tends to follow through for a year or so as far as HMRC is concerned.

Stock is the least of your trouble, just keep safe and hope that your business keeps viable for years to come.
Bert
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: search

Post by Bert »

Well all my sites have shut their doors, but are yet to paint a big red cross on them!
tubz vending's 10% off is irrelevant to me for now, free delivery if you order £500 worth of stock before vat is not going to be of any benefit to the smaller operators (like me) or encourage stockpiling! Unless you're looking to stock up on Bon Bon's & Mento's with a two year sell by date, have plenty of spare room, along with plenty of machines to feed them through. Then I suspect even the big operators will be holding off of anything other than small orders as well. That's not tubz vending's fault of course and I wish them all the best as they're in the same boat as all of us, I hope they will look after their staff as well while we all deal with what's going on.

Three months seems to be the absolute minimum before we might start to see some of the Pubs etc reopening, most of the stock I hold is good until Oct, some well in to next year. So I hope most of it will get cycled through the machines. Any stock that I believe, will not get sold before it expires I will split between the local churches, charity's anywhere they have afternoon tea for the elderly community, when & provided they're open.

I feel for anyone who relies on their vending business as a main income & wish them all the best & hope they can find the support they may need to see them through.

I also hope everyone remains well & keeps clam in the face of things.

Things are going to be tough for sure, but if you can find some inner strength, clench you buttocks, grit your teeth, strap in and ride it out, there will be light at the end of the tunnel!

All the Best.
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Not surprised by this evenings announcement, but a bit annoyed with myself, I didn't go and get the hot tub from Argos I was looking at, they have one in store for collection and its not available for delivery :-( Does it count as essential shopping?
Tommyc9494
Referred by?: Barbara Fellowes

Post by Tommyc9494 »

radical.richard wrote:Not surprised by this evenings announcement, but a bit annoyed with myself, I didn't go and get the hot tub from Argos I was looking at, they have one in store for collection and its not available for delivery :-( Does it count as essential shopping?
I’m afraid not mate but iv blown my one up today so I’ll be thinking of you when I’m sipping on a corona tomorrow haha
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Tommyc9494 wrote:
radical.richard wrote:Not surprised by this evenings announcement, but a bit annoyed with myself, I didn't go and get the hot tub from Argos I was looking at, they have one in store for collection and its not available for delivery :-( Does it count as essential shopping?
I’m afraid not mate but iv blown my one up today so I’ll be thinking of you when I’m sipping on a corona tomorrow haha
Cracked it, Sainsburys still open had an Argos in store, got it sent there, picked it up with my essential shopping along with a couple of cases of stella happy days. :thumbup: :wave:
Tommyc9494
Referred by?: Barbara Fellowes

Post by Tommyc9494 »

radical.richard wrote:
Tommyc9494 wrote:
Cracked it, Sainsburys still open had an Argos in store, got it sent there, picked it up with my essential shopping along with a couple of cases of stella happy days. :thumbup: :wave:

Happy days mate what one did you end up picking ? Once all this has blown over and your a little board of your new toy it may be worth hiring it out you can get about 120 for 4 days hire and it’s perfect for running along side the vending round as it’s another form of passive income that’s my plan anyway the only downside is you can’t get vat bk as it’s not for commercial use but you bought it for yourself anyway so it’s still a winner