DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: South and West Wales
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Google Search

Machine location within a site

Post by DT Vending »

Hi All just wanted to pop a post on regarding the location of toy, Sweet and Pringle machines within licensed premises.
My machines in one of my sites have always been sat next to the fruit machines.The licensing Authority paid the site a visit a few weeks ago and told the site that under no circumstances are they to be placed next to the Fruit machines as this encourages gambling for the youngsters ! Just wondering if any other operators have been made aware of this or was it just some one pushing their authority around ! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter.
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Re: Machine location within a site

Post by Quinch »

Never heard that one before, sounds like a right load of b*ll*cks. If kids are allowed in the bar then presumably they can see the bandit so why would the location of your tower make any difference? Also kids under 16 have to be under the supervision of an adult in a pub so presumably some responsibility lies with them as to what the kids get up to. Don't see how they could police this, what if it's 2 metres away is that ok? 4 metres? what? I've seen loads of Tomys, crane grabbers etc parked next to bandits in big chain pubs so presumably their legal departments would be aware if this was an issue.
Sounds like some jobsworth
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by DT Vending »

Hi Quinch, Yep My thoughts exactly just trying to work out who I approach to find out if this is actually correct as the site went from taking aprox £200.00 a month down to £80.00.
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Quinch »

Did you get anywhere with that? Sounds absolutely bonkers to me, they think a sweet machine is going to tempt a kid to gamble more than the machine itself :lol: Bandits are totally designed to attract young people anyway: flashing lights, loud noises, gaming elements and often with film characters that are obviously aimed more at young people. I've come across some with movement sensors that speak to people as they walk past.

So they think the kid walks up to a dormant sweet tower then thinks "wow what's this gambling machine I've never noticed before". Great logic
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

I had to remove a Prize Crane some time ago as it was in the 'adult' area of the pub where the bandits were. Shame it was a good site but the Area Manager did not want to encourage kids in that area ......
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

I put a toy machine in a pub yesterday. Manager wanted it next to the fruit machine
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by DT Vending »

No Luck at all with relocating the machines back to their original location, Machines have picked up a little now as the staff are moving them directly in to the main room when they have children present !!!
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Quinch »

Every cloud has a silver lining. It's great when staff make a bit of an effort to help you out like that, I've got quite a lot of places where they ring me and let me know the machine needs refilling and other places where I've had the machine there for years and I'll turn up to see an 'out of order' notice on the tower and the conversation goes like this: "the machine's broken" (them)...."oh sorry about that, do you know when it happened?"......"about a month ago" :x I then proceed to politely point out for the umpteenth time that my number is on the machine, they have my card behind the bar and it would be much appreciated if they give me a ring or a text and let me know.

I often then find there's nothing wrong with the machine it's just that some muppet has put their money in on an empty row and then complained about it and they've slapped a notice on the machine and not even bothered to ring me.

To be totally honest that whole sequence doesn't happen very often but some variation of it or just that the machine is sitting there empty. A simple phone call can go a long way