Connorvending
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Ne england
Machines Used: Pringles tubz vending tomy beaver
Referred by?: Another operator

* Straw Alert *

Post by Connorvending »

If you have tomy gacha machines and they have the metal coin mechs...there's a problem.

First time I've seen or heard of this: went to my busiest site on Monday and the boss told me she'd seen kids with at least 50 toy capsules on the floor. She went over to talk to the (******) parents to say how generous they were. After she returned to the bar a regular told her on the quiet that one of the kids had figured out how to get free capsules from the machine using plastic straws.

When I opened the machines and removed the mechs they had straws jammed inside them which had tripped the mech to free vend. I changed the four mechs to the red plastic ones instead and went in this morning to check...no problems.

Anyone had this before? If so how do you fix it short of swapping all metal mechs for plastic?
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Re: * Straw Alert *

Post by Quinch »

Sounds like a nightmare. Can't help on the mechs I'm afraid. What always annoys me when something like this happens is that most of the parents don't seem to give a f*ck that their kids are blatantly stealing. I've even had similar happen and heard afterwards from staff that parents were doing it with their kids. Good job on teaching your kids morals people. Kind of soul destroying this business sometimes