Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Extinction revbellion

Post by Style »

So Extinction Rebellion are at it again. Makes me wonder with all our single use and disposable plastic how long we have left as an industry. We will either be taxed out of existence or the new generations just wont buy stuff that isn't sustainable.

Or can our pots and toys be made of sustainable materials?
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Re: Extinction revbellion

Post by radical.richard »

Andy

You are totally right, I have already lost a couple of sweet towers due to the plastic issue.

It will only increase resistance to our business, the suppliers need to be looking at what they can do to package the product more environmentally.

Assuming thats solved we still have to deal with the sugar tax, obesity, diabetics etc, as you say this business has a limited lifetime, especially with its £1 limit per sale.

:-( Richard
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

i inform all my customers the tubs are fully reusable? they have lots of uses
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Post by JavaGreen »

Here in Scotland:

20p levy is due to start on drinks containers towards end of next year - England intends on following (refundable)

Sugar tax is being looked at for next year - England will follow suit.

Single use plastic will be phased out in Scotland end of 2021 @ ministerial level now - England will follow suit.

Did mention the above in another post sometime ago!

After 2032 (do not expect to be in this business then), combustion engines are phased out - England is revising its 2040 date!

I guess it is back to the horse and cart, unless they improve dramatically the range of electric vehicles!

With all this wisdom of the ‘Save the planet brigade’, India, one of the biggest consumers of plastics, has just shelved (last week) the idea/concept of dealing with plastics within the environment! Work that one out!

Our global output in the whole equation of global warming or whatever is 1%. Some think that even that is too much, maybe they are right however India is the 4th biggest polluters and of course you then have the Americans, god bless their cotton socks!

Yes, me thinks this business is starting to be less sustainable.

Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Need to recharge this torch again, does not seem to last long these days!
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Post by JavaGreen »

Single phase plastic date might be 2023 total ban!
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

The only problem with electric cars is there isnt enough cobalt in the planet to power them all if we all start to drive them.

Its probably worth pointing out Barbara was making cardboard pots 10 years ago. The packaging looked fantastic. Far better than anything around today but prone to jams.
Ade
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

the salysol tins are the answer i rec
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Style wrote:The only problem with electric cars is there isnt enough cobalt in the planet to power them all if we all start to drive them.

Its probably worth pointing out Barbara was making cardboard pots 10 years ago. The packaging looked fantastic. Far better than anything around today but prone to jams.
Hi Andy, yes we were ahead of the game even then! The first batch did have jamming problems but was solved on the next batch. We used to pack in a metal composite can which is exactly the same as the Pringles can with a sealed foil lid which is more expensive so when the plastic packers came into the market, reduced prices which in turn eroded the market ... the rest is history. It is a shame because we were ready to launch the £2 vend with the Pringles container, had all the big boys on board and it would have kept the industry profitable but that's business, we are all led by ££££'s and without profit and good market share there is no point. Good times though! x . :D